Deth. As in birthday dethday.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Dooms Day

/thread
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Death
Destruction
Doom
Despair
Dark

Anything starting with a D that implies bad things fits really.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Deliverance Day
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by hendrixfreak93
It isn't supposed to stand for anything. It was just code.

+1 It was just a randomly assigned letter. They weren't going to be like, "So how about that June 6th major attack on the Germans, eh?"
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
The code name was Operation Overlord. Get your poop straight.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
"D-Day" often represents a variable, designating the day upon which some significant event will occur or has occurred;

The earliest use of these terms by the U.S. Army that the Center of Military History has been able to find was during World War I. In Field Order Number 9, First Army, American Expeditionary Forces, dated 7 September 1918: "The First Army will attack at H hour on D day with the object of forcing the evacuation of the St. Mihiel Salient."

Just a variable.
IIIIIII
Quote by YourDad

And D-Day wasn't?
They were the same operation.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by hendrixfreak93
And D-Day wasn't?
They were the same operation.

I think that was his point, Operation Overlord was the code name for what people call D Day.

as Stated above, its just a Military Variable, i dont think they use it any more though.
D as in Dog.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by YourDad

ummmmm a codename for a codename? idiot. d-day was actually used for whenever there was a landing pretty much. june 6th is really the most major one.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by abdulalhazred
ummmmm a codename for a codename? idiot. d-day was actually used for whenever there was a landing pretty much. june 6th is really the most major one.

um,

no

there is one D-Day

another codename for D-Day was Mickey Mouse!

I learned that a couple years ago
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by zippidyduda
Death
Destruction
Doom
Despair
Dark

Anything starting with a D that implies bad things fits really.

Wrong. Although, it was just a randomly assigned letter, it wouldn't be anything close to any of those things. D-Day was a liberation on the side of the allies. This was the final push that the Allies had in them and had they not succeeded, that probably would have been the end of the war for them. Having it being named after Dark, doom, despair, wouldn't exactly boost the morale for the troops.
as other people have said. It was a code, the day of the landing was called D-day, the actual time of the landing was called H-hour.
As some people have already said, it was just a general codename for the beginning of military operations at that time. It's mainly associated with the beginning of Operation Overlord since it was such a major part of the war. Every other operation would have a had a 'D-Day' it's just widely assumed to only apply to Operation Overlord.
Quote by samick007
as other people have said. It was a code, the day of the landing was called D-day, the actual time of the landing was called H-hour.

this man is correct.