I need a pedal that can go from clean to brutal with one stomp. I play with a Peavey Heritage VTX 212, which has a solid state preamp and a 4x6L6GC power amp. So, I don't want a TS808 or a Bad Monkey or anything like that. So, I've heard good things about the Rat. BBE gets rave reviews everywhere, and they're built like tanks. I like their prices...I've also been considering a Metal Muff too. Basically, the reason I need a pedal like this is because my amp really doesn't get heavier than one of those one-channel JCM800, and I've started getting into proggressive metal. So, which of these pedals is the better buy?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I would recommend you try each one out, it's hard to pick a pedal based on other people's opinions. Unfortunatley for you, we cant recommend saving for a new amp, as to save for the perfect amp you'd need a Mesa etc.

I love the Proco RAT, but i use it for Alternative rock, maybe some indie. Never tried the BBE but the Metal Muff can get pretty Brutal. try them all, and pick YOUR favourite, it's your chocie and sound, not ours.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣