Yeah so im a noob guitarist, just starting to be able to play decently. I quickly realized that im going to need some pedals. Which pedal is better for playing stuff like metallica, iron maiden, van halen, slash, and the like?

MT-2 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-MT2-Metal-Zone-Effects-Pedal?sku=151328

OS-2 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-OS2-OverdriveDistortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=151336

Thanks in advance
-rocco

"Rap is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art" - Woody Paige
i see. what would be a good pedal then for rock/hard rock thats under 100$?
-rocco

"Rap is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art" - Woody Paige
Quote by TechnicolorType
MT-2 has to be the worst pedal I've ever played.

+10000
can't believe i ever bought one...
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
lmao +10000

but yeah.. they are awful.. I mean sure I managed to make one sound half-decent.. in an 850 dollar amp..
even then it was just a normal average boring sounding distortion.. and through every other solid state amp I've heard it in, it sounds so horrible..
:X

better off getting a freaking lyon distortion.
I agree with the hatred on the metalzone... I also bought one . Still, I think it served me alright. There are definitely other better distortion pedals out there though. Of course, taste is subjective but I think the majority of players will find it's tone somewhat lacking and high volumes makes it go very, very muddy.
GMO INC.
I think they're both ok for bedroom practice, but if you want to use them with a high W amp then you should look for something else.
I own an MT-2 and I like it, sounds pretty awesome if you can get the right settings

However, My guitar teacher uses an OS-2 or something similar and he swears by it

So it's a matter of preference, if you want to go full on metal or close, get an MT-2 or if you want distortion but not over the top, get the OS-2

Hope I helped
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
You don't need any pedals, you just need a half-decent amp. If you've just got a cruddy 10-watt noisebox that came in a starter pack don't bother with pedals and put the money towards a better amp instead.

The MT2 is atrocious, and the OS2 is just kind of mediocre, tries to do two things at once and doesn't quite manage either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com