Harmonics that you make by having your thumb lightly brush the string after you pick it....They're those Squealy thingys. For an examples listen to any Zakk Wylde era Ozzy or Killswitch Engage. I'm sure someone else can explain them better...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by guitarman2332
What exactly are they???

Mostly used in rock guitar, they are that really high pitched sounds mae with a guitar, kind of sounds like a squeal. It is done by using your thumb and lightly touching the string after you pluck it.

Go on youtube, lookup justin sandercoe, he has a good turtorial.

Good luck
basically they are regular harmonics, but instead of playing them by lightly tapping with your fretting hand, you fret the note normally and lightly tap the string with your thumb while picking the note. Usually done so you can bend the note and give it some vibrato like Zakk Wylde does.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
someone please link to the justin sandercoe video\

edit- nvm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...


That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman