I am in the market for a new guitar and want a very versatile one. I would really like a "les paul" or singlecut body with access to the higher frets (don't mind neck through or any conctruction, no bolt on), passive pick-ups, and a 24.75-25.5 scale length.

Genres- Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Prog, Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz, Alterative, alot.
Colors-red, white, black, brown.
price- under $1,500

All suggestions will be greatly greatly appreciated.
Yep, you're gonna want a Les Paul.
Epiphone Elitist models are good for the price, so I hear.

EDIT: I like your variety in music there.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Last edited by Underjoggle at Jun 7, 2008,
used PRS Singlecut, custom shop Carvin single cut, Epiphone Elitist Lles Pual, LTD/ESP high end EC/Eclipse model with SD's
ec-1000as esp the amber sunburst is the only 1 with duncans but the rest come with emg 81/85 witch are good pick ups

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Last edited by selkies at Jun 7, 2008,
how bout this then http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=XPT700

the pick ups are passive
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Oh, wait, EVH Wolfgang guitar by Peavey is a good one, I love it actually
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
The Carvin CS's would be a pretty good deal, and you could always change out the pick-ups if you didn't like them.
ESP (not LTD) Eclipse. Used.
/thread.
*EDIT* oops, just saw that TS doesnt like them.

Well TS, i got bad news. Every LP-styled guitar has a bad upperfret access. If you want good access, you should be looking for Jackson Soloists. (hence the name)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jun 7, 2008,
I have been coming to that conclusion. I don't know, i would like a neck through alot, but i can't find it on any decently priced "LP" bodies, and i played a soloist and i really didn't like it haha i know it's weird.
It's hard to find a LP style neck thru as the neck to body angle is too hard to accomplish. LP uses set neck and the pieces can be tweaked for the proper angle by minor shaving of the neck tenon or body cavity prior to installation. Set thru necks were very popular in the 70s/80s see the old Ibanez Artist Series or Alembic. If you want a classic LP without spending over $2000.00 I would recommend the Epi Elitists. I own two, a -'57 Gold Top and LP Standard Plus.