Hi guys,i heard that you could only use 2 preamp at the same time on this device.I'm just wondering,can you use 1 XLR input and 1 1/4 input at the same time? or is it suppose to be 2 XLR OR 2 1/4 input only?

thanks.
Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic
The preamps are software controlled on this interface. From what I know, you can control each preamp on its own so if you have a louder amp on channel 1 and a singer on channel 2 you can adjust to level out. The Phantom Power is setup the same way.

As for if you can use both input types on one channel at the same time, im not sure although the manual should say.

http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=7
Quote by Reyan
Hi guys,i heard that you could only use 2 preamp at the same time on this device.I'm just wondering,can you use 1 XLR input and 1 1/4 input at the same time? or is it suppose to be 2 XLR OR 2 1/4 input only?

thanks.

That will work as long as you use the XLR on one side and the 1/4 on the other, you can't use both on the same channel.

I've been using an Inspire now since the beginning of the year and I get a pretty decent sound. I just picked up a 2nd one as a back up and to give me more inputs if the need ever arises

Tony