can anyone reccomend me any pedals that can help me get satch's solo tone or at least close to it?

close is fine, i would just really like my solos to sound like...smooth? its hard to describe i guess but it just sounds..smooth lol

EDIT: well i guess all his songs are in theory solos but i mainly like the tones from the tracks MUSTERION and ANDALUSIA of his new album those tones are god like
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
Joe has a signature pedal called the Satchurator.. made by Vox.. costs about 130 bux.. it isn't out yet though.. can be pre-ordered but I'd rather hear it first.. it comes out in about a month.

really don't know what it'll be like but I'm sure if you want his tone, his pedal will be the best bet apart from getting his actual amp.
lots of plenty of mids, a fair amount of treble, not too much bass. neck pickup. and an OD to tighten everything up real nice. the gain on it pretty low, and keep its tone knob down a little.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Yeah, i play blues and I want that satchurator.
But, plenty of mids, my friend.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Wonder what it'll sound like.. it's still just a distortion box.
I think it works as an overdrive well too.. I can't remember.
Another crucial point you can't forget, is Satch's mastery of legato, get that up to scratch before buying any fancy pedals and amps.
Quote by chea_man
lots of plenty of mids, a fair amount of treble, not too much bass. neck pickup. and an OD to tighten everything up real nice. the gain on it pretty low, and keep its tone knob down a little.

Not much bass....?

I'm fairly sure you'll want a high dose of mids, and nice amount of bass, with treble a bit lower still.

That's how i get a smooth tone anyway, more treble makes it harsher, whereas more bass will make it 'smoother' and 'warmer'

....of course it will depend on your amp
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
Not much bass....?

I'm fairly sure you'll want a high dose of mids, and nice amount of bass, with treble a bit lower still.

That's how i get a smooth tone anyway, more treble makes it harsher, whereas more bass will make it 'smoother' and 'warmer'

....of course it will depend on your amp

thats true. but i also turned the tone knob down on the OD pedal, that seems to lessen the highs a bit. i guess it would work pretty much the same your way.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
No, i think less bass is better, i got a tone similar to Satches with , if i remember correctly, like 4 bass, 8 mids, and 6-7 treble
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!