My first time on stage is tomorrow, and I don't know if I'm more nervous or excited. I fear messing up my solos, or not moving around enough, guitar issues (strings breaking), feedback, etc. etc.

Pit!!!! I need help! What do you guys do to calm down?
Weed
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I just played my bands 100th show tonight, and I still get the exact same feeling everytime man. I usually drink a pot of coffee right before and just sit by myself and really concentrate on what I'm about to do. Kind of go into Zen Mode.
don't worry about moving, if you'll notice, some of the greats( Page, Slash, Clapton, etc.) about 90% of the time just walk around the stage, the other 10% they are ****ing sprinting up and down the stage.

If you mess up, just make it sound good. And tech malfunctions happen to everybody. You can avoid most trouble via sound check and a good guitar tech.

If you worry about the bad stuff, then you won't play as well. Just focus on the music and having a good time, and you will be fine.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Don't worry so much i had my first show in my band recently, which had a pretty decent turnout (considering the style of music and the fact it was a first show). Don't worry about moving around if your not into it, just do what comes naturally, if your rocking it up on stage people won't really care whether or not your jumping around like a monkey. Take spare strings, mine broke during soundcheck and all the nearby music shops had closed so i got stuck with a lighter gauge that i'd normally use on that string, which was sucky. Feedback, don't worry, maybe borrow a noise suppressor or something if its a big deal, or just turn your guitar down when you aren't playing. The only time theres too much feedback is if its in between individual notes. And good luck.
Relax. Everyone gets nervous before gigs, you are not alone. Just don't worry about it, and if you mess up on stage, then so be it.
we played a show in this tiny little tavern and the retard sound people had this huge sound system hooked up with everything mic'd and PA'd, when the audience were like 5 feet away. The foldback monitors made my guitar feedback because the stage was so small, my amp was about 20cm behind me, and the foldback was about 30cm in front of me. Basically, no way to avoid feedback. It was a horrible gig, squeals between every single note i played basically.
To make matters worse, they sound guy tried blaming it on my GT8 saying, there was too much gain on the settings, and that's why it was feedbacking.
Hmm, or the fact that im surrounded by speakers that are playing back everything i play. What would he know he was a bass player they dont know ****
<.<
>.>

so yeah moral of the story, just relax and don't worry about anything going wrong.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
dude relax... I just came from my first gig as well .... solos were kinda sucky and sound was a little messed up as well but I mean... everybody screws up a little in a first gig

just rock on dude
Dude, I have my first show too tomorrow,
Just relax and stay calm, I'm not even thinking about my show
And I don't move alot anyways.\Just do something rememberable(sp)
Tomorrow, (I'm fat to let yous know) I'm writing my bands name on my stomach and liftin up my shirt.
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

as everyones said, nerves are to be expected. I was practically shaking first time I played on stage (high school graduation 07, fun times) but just double and triple check all your gear, make sure everythings set up properly and in good shape. I wouldn't advice putting new strings on the day of the show as they tend to not like to stay in tune all that well. Also If you have multiple guitars i would advise bringing a back up in case a string does break you wont be working with that the whole set.'

As for your actual playing, just try to relax and let it come natural. Don't focus too much on playing the solos, just kind of let it come naturally. If you mess up, try to make sure you at least stay in key if you can. Chances are the audience won't know exactly how the solo is supposed to sound anyway. Also if you do mess up, make it look like you meant to do it. Confidence is key.

That being said, have fun and best of luck
I just pretend I'm jamming with my buds. Which is essentially what I'm doing, but with a few spectators. If you mess up, it's really unlikely anyone will notice.
All your base are belong to us.
How old are you? If you're legal you can try my method. I usually drink a beer and do some stretches before we play so I'm all relaxed and loosey goosey during the set.

Alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Oh also, maybe try taking your shoes off on stage. Makes me feel like I'm just jamming at home.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
How old are you? If you're legal you can try my method. I usually drink a beer and do some stretches before we play so I'm all relaxed and loosey goosey during the set.

Alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Oh also, maybe try taking your shoes off on stage. Makes me feel like I'm just jamming at home.

better yet, take all your clothes off!

<_<

>_>
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
best way to think about it is to think about your band mates, and the fact that you're up there as a group, not a single person. People are hardly going to be looking at you, they'll be looking at the singer. Just keep talking to your band mates before you begin, and act like you guys are just screwing around and that you're just having a good time. Even if you feel horrible on the inside, faking it on the outside helps a lot. just smile at your band mates while you're getting going, and you'll fool yourself into thinking there's nothing to be nervous about.

and when it comes to your solos, just completely zone out. It's just you and your guitar, and no idiots who don't know **** about music or guitar are going to keep you from playing your solos perfectly.
this worked for me on my first gig:

become one with the guitar and the band. Try and set up next to the bassist if youve got 2 guitarists. Its much more comfortable. And dont look at the crowd too often, just play and look around at your band. Also when your soloing just focus on the fretboard and dont look or think about anything else. If youre playing something like pure power chords just split your legs a bit and youll look like you actually know what youre doing.

hope that helps.

Also dont be nervous if you f*** up. Just keep going, most people dont really notice.

At one gig I got a s***ty guitar day and screwed up in all the songs. But most people never noticed.
Just put all the technical stuff out of your mind. There's no use in worrying about it: You can't control it.

Just focus on playing and having a good time.
The.