I guess I could title it that.

Anyhow, Say I want to play.. oh... hmm.. Day Tripper by The Beatles. When I let off to go to the next string, it makes a very feint pull of sound. Does it do this on all acoustic guitars? I don't notice it that much(if I even do) on clean electric.

And say I want to play erotomania on my acoustic. The intro atleast, it's pretty much just the top string. Here's the tab(low E string btw):

|--0-2-3-4----- it goes on. Anyhow, when i go from 0 to 2 it makes the hammer on noise. It does this with a lot of songs like that. Sometimes it'll make the Hammer On noise when I go from 0-2-3-4... Is there a way to prevent this on acoustic?
I'm pretty sure all acoustics do that, I know mine does. I'm sorry, but I don't really know how to prevent it.
yes, you just have to be really precise with your picking of the string and having it perfectly sinchronized (or however u spell that) with the fretting of the note so it sounds like you're actually playing two notes separetley
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
i mute the string with the finger i used to fret it as I'm pulling off, same general technique used in sweep picking, only usually not as fast.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by pepsi1187
who cares

I'm picky.

@Kid, I try that, but I've only been playing for about 6 months so I dont think im exactly skilled enough to be able to do that and play correclty at the same time I guess I'll keep practicing though! I usually get about 6 hours a day or more....
yeah, and if you work on the basic technique with slower songs it'll be a lot easier if you ever want to learn to sweep, that particular technique isn't particularly hard actually, you just have to have really good control of your fingers.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, and if you work on the basic technique with slower songs it'll be a lot easier if you ever want to learn to sweep, that particular technique isn't particularly hard actually, you just have to have really good control of your fingers.

Nothing is that hard as long as you put enough time of quality practice in.

Any how, my advice would be slow down and practice picking it. Other words, make sure you are picking each note in a synchronized manner. Do it slow enough so you wont get the slur sound and then speed it up.