Just got around to listening to the newest Machine Head album The Blackening... IMPRESSED. Pretty epic. What do you guys think?
Probably gets in my top 10 albums ever. I was so shocked when I heard it. It is insanely good.

PS. The solo to Halo is very sexy, but all in all the harmonies in the album were brilliant.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
Don't give me the junk about Machine Head not being metal... they fit in the METAL section, they were before NuMetal and I see no other section to put them in.
Horrible album.

A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by jinkymann
i agree 100 percent man.

Hell yeah... watching a live performance of Davidian on YouTube, forgot how badass this song is.
Quote by diminishedtobme

This.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Yeah, I listened to it, I didn't think it was that great. The pinch harmonics and overall guitar tone weren't very good (I think). I would much rather listen to someother extreme metal, but it was alright. If it was on the radio, I'd probably listen to it, as it is better than most of the crap on nowadays.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Meh, decent album.
I like listening to Carcass while I rape and pillage.

well thats nice but im not homosexualy
Awesome album!!! This album way got me into Machine Head. And obviously slanderous is the best track on there, although its hard to pick a best cos every song on there is just so damn good.
Absolute bollocks.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I love how people on this forum are dismissed as elitist because of a negative opinion.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I can't stand this band. Why are they so hyped up???
There already is a large Machine Head thread somewhere
Quote by Caol4000
Awesome album!!! This album way got me into Machine Head. And obviously slanderous is the best track on there, although its hard to pick a best cos every song on there is just so damn good.

*fanboy alert*

Much as I happen to like MH and this album, for fuck's sake TS, you're a year late and there's a massive Machine Head thread.
How much of a fucking moron do you need to be to miss the search option and 2 fucking stickied threads in this forum? Idiot.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Stranglehold
I love how people on this forum are dismissed as elitist because of a negative opinion.

maybe i should have taken that into account, but i've got into the habit of telling 'elitists' to shut up whining about music.

the songs on this album on this album are good
the bad thing is the riffs, they're so typical generic metal/metalcore, well apart from a few
Shall i come back in a year and a half so you can tell me if the new metallica album is good? I'll just borrow the rock you were under...

Seriously dude, a year later? wtf...
Quote by webbtje
*fanboy alert*

Much as I happen to like MH and this album, for fuck's sake TS, you're a year late and there's a massive Machine Head thread.

Agreed entirely. Don't really have much else toadd, but clearly the best song is either Clenching The Fists of Dissent or Farewell to Arms.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I think Machine Head is one of the worst bands, and I see nothing in this album.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Most overrated album of the year. It's fine guitar wise but the vocals suck. It's almost nu-metal. Vio-lence was alot better.