Hi, I'm looking to play indie rock/pop with my friends so I'm in the market for an amp that is loud enough to play clean/semi clean with a drummer and portable enough (no 4x10, 75lb stuff please) to load/unload frequently in a car. I'm also buying used, so I'm looking at something under $425 and is fairly common.

So with these in mind, what amp do you think is most suitable?
-Peavey Classic 30
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Fender Blues Deluxe

Maybe if anyone has any specific experiences with the amps it would be nice too (stuff like, if the amp breaks up too quickly to play with a drummer etc...)
Last edited by Siren Silently at Jun 7, 2008,
i would suggest a laney vc30 . its portable, sounds great, POWERFULL , and suits your styles. and you could pick up a good used one for that price.
If you want cleans then you really can't go wrong with a Fender Blues Deluxe. Great amp.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by bartdevil_metal
^+1

+2
Quote by Kurapica
If you want cleans then you really can't go wrong with a Fender Blues Deluxe. Great amp.

+3.

it isn't all that portable though, it's around 52 lbs i believe, which i think is more than heavy enough...
i take it you mean LESS than 50 watts, contrary to the thread title?

If not, none of the ones you have suggested are suitable.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
fender hot rod deluxe for cleans

the OD on its own is mediocre but tolerable

and od pedal makes it worlds better

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Kurapica

That would be my first option, but you may be able to snag a better deal on a Hot Rod. There's just so many of them out there. It would be great for you, too.

Another fine choice would be an Ampeg Reverberocket 1x12, if you can find one.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Both those Ampegs are great. If you choose to go vintage, you can look up something like the Gemini, too. Don't know much about the Kustom. The Delta Blues is one of my favorite amps, and might be worth a shot. Much different voice than the Fenders and Ampegs, though, which are really American sounding. The DB sounds a lot more like a Vox AC30.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thank you guys for your help! I'm trying to give the C30 one last chance, I have a guy selling one for $280 with JJ's in them. But I guess if the cleans aren't up to par with the Ampeg or the Blues Deluxe then I guess I'll pass.
They don't match the fender, but they are still very good. I think the OD alone makes the C30 a better amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I probably won't be using much OD though, except for a slight crunch. I'll definitely look into a Blues Deluxe/Deville (only 10 lbs heavier) first.
Peavey Classic 30, Vox AC30 (if you're lucky to find one used under 500....I usually see them close to list price used), Mesa DC-3, or if you're not after overdrive, a Roland JC-77?
Quote by JoelTheShredder
i would suggest a laney vc30 . its portable, sounds great, POWERFULL , and suits your styles. and you could pick up a good used one for that price.

not worth it in america
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.