Hey, I've been playing for about a year and I know how to play Pantera walk, master of puppets, dont cry solo, fade to black intro solo, I made up some nice songs, I know much more, do you think it is good for someone playing for a year? btw those were only the harder songs I know, there are way more songs.
I've been playing for a week and I can already play through the fire and flames. pfft...

Seriously, you're going at a good pace, and if you are happy with your performance, who can tell you otherwise? Don't fret about your skill, just get better and better.
you seem to be progressing nicely.
kudos!
but who cares what we all think, just play for yourself.
have fun with it.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
it all depends on how well you can play them
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
I play them in the right speed and I have no errors on most of them, the only difficulty is playing the walk solo 100% without errors and playing master of puppets 100% without errors since its downstrum the whole song.
i never got why people always say that MoP has to be played w/downstrokes.
your just playing metallica's song.
doesnt mean your Kirk.
play it how you can play it best.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by deanexplosion99
Hey, I've been playing for about a year and I know how to play Pantera walk, master of puppets, dont cry solo, fade to black intro solo, I made up some nice songs, I know much more, do you think it is good for someone playing for a year? btw those were only the harder songs I know, there are way more songs.

Goddamn, not another one of these threads, they piss me off so much, seriously, if you're going to post about how uber you are, at least leave a COVER proving it.

To me, people who post these kinds of threads come across as really arrogant and find the need to fish for compliments.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Goddamn, not another one of these threads, they piss me off so much, seriously, if you're going to post about how uber you are, at least leave a COVER proving it.

To me, people who post these kinds of threads come across as really arrogant and find the need to fish for compliments.

relax.
Everyone needs a little self gratification every now and again... if that weren't the case many bands would simply not exist, they would be in their basement jamming out by themselves.
Quote by TexasRG
Everyone needs a little self gratification every now and again... if that weren't the case many bands would simply not exist, they would be in their basement jamming out by themselves.

I'm pretty sure Dimebag didn't go "Hey I can play <insert song>!!! Does that mean I'm awesome, even without proof?"

At least, with those bands you're talking about they would have at least demonstrated their proficiency, instead of coming on a forum and fishing for compliments.
Quote by XianXiuHong

I have to kindof agree, but it seems like you've progressed nicely and as long as your enjoying your playing it doens't really matter how good you are (i wish people would realise that!)
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S