Couldn't find a thread, so I figured I'd start one.

Who else likes this weird and funky guitarist?

Just bought the Metal Kartoon album. And I love it

I love this style together with Mattias "IA" Eklundh and Bumblefoots style.

My own style might be more rocky, and not so jazzy, but doesn't stop me from enjoying this awesome music
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
I've only seen him on youtube, but he's a very interesting player. I'd like to learn some of his techniques, but I never even thought to check if he had an album 'cause I didn't think he was that well-known, signed, etc.

What are his releases like, then?

Great guitar, he has, too.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
love it when he does that hendrix tune, oh man, uhm....total brain death right here. as she walks through, the clouds... damned if I know. good track though, and i love godin's sweepy fun twist to it.
Quote by Phill-Rock
I've only seen him on youtube, but he's a very interesting player. I'd like to learn some of his techniques, but I never even thought to check if he had an album 'cause I didn't think he was that well-known, signed, etc.

What are his releases like, then?

Great guitar, he has, too.

Check out his myspace page http://www.myspace.com/christophegodin, it has some great tracks / videos on (I personally like 'Dance of the Fat Boy' the best. He has several albums out, I think you can check his own website out for details on these / where to buy etc....yes, you are right he does have cool guitars!
Christophe Godin master classes in the UK. Taken from the Vigier website;

Vigier presents; Christophe Godin UK Master-Classes, September 2008
September 04th 2008
Christophe Godin, a guitar hero for the new millennium is an eruption of colour and sound. His warm personality and likable charm fuse together with his own quirky, Kartoon dimension bringing to life his mastery of the guitar in a completely unique way.

Monday 22nd September - Machinehead, Hitchin - 01462 433 305
Tuesday 23rd September - Oxford Guitar Gallery, Oxford - 01865 553 777
Wednesday 24th September - World Guitars, Stonehouse - 08707 66 76 25
Thursday 25th September - Sounds Great, Manchester - 01614 364 799
Friday 26th September - Guitar Guitar, Glasgow - 01415 529 896
Saturday 27th September - Belfast Guitar Emporium, Belfast - 02890 242 335
Monday 29th September - Trevor Durrant Guitar Centre, Colchester - 01206 794 470
(contact individual dealers for full details)

Vigier UK is really excited about presenting these clinics - we have noticed there are less and less in-store clinics available to the public and we aim to change this trend by promoting exciting artists such as Christophe Godin. Christophe has proved a major success and been well received wherever he has performed.
See here for pictures and details of his performance at the Nearfest, USA.
His ability to connect with audiences and colourful sense of humour coupled with his awesome musicianship are the right ingredients for some entertaining and thrilling clinics.

For more information, biography, pictures, videos, history etc visit Christophe's website or www.myspace.com/christophegodin.
Christophe Godin's official website
oh my god, i've met this man at the LGS last year ! [07] and i didn't even realise he did some shred improv at the vigier stall... very awesome
Awesome, I like this guy a lot. Also seems very funny and friendly.
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'
'How do you not know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.
'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered.
Sounds very familiar... was he in the "Jam From Hell"?
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Check out Morglbl!!! awesome stuff especially "Stoner de Brest"!
Playin' for years...
Burst PRS Custom 24
Orange PRS SE Custom 24
Brown Ibanez AG75
Ivory Ibanez AS73
Blackberry Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Black ESP M-II
White Fender strat
Black "DG" Strat modified
Line6 Spider IV Head and Cab
I have a guitar duet album between he and Pierrejean Gaucher. They do some cool jams and a few Zappa covers. Then I have the Mörglbl album Jazz for the Deaf as well which is pretty good.
That dude's funny as hell. I can tell he's a great guy.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

I love his stuff with Morglbl, too bad the last time they tried to come to the USA they had a problem with their visas.