In the thread on the new Squier series everyone had their own complaint - "Why is it only in blue", "Why no ashtrays" etc which got me thinking:

If you were designing one model of Squier what would the spec be? It has to be pretty much standard Squier parts - nothing they wouldn't actually make.
What about 'a swuier that doesn't like like a squier' becasue I think the model is a bit to much mainstream!
This is the bass forum right?

I'd have the new squier jazz they're bringing out (or brought out, dunno) but the agathis body puts me off, it would be nice if they had the maple body like on the VM jazz.

There is something about crap basses that makes me like them more than high end stuff, as long as they are nice to play anyway.
jazz body
p bass neck
duncan designed pb-105
single volume pot

1 guess at the fender model
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
2 models.

The huge neck pickup on that one Squier, a Jazz Bass bridge pickup, with a Volume, Blend, and Tone (fender no load pot) Standard Scale Length. P Bass body with no pickguard. Basswood Body.

And a 8 string Vintage Modified Jazz.

THAT IS ALL.
Quote by Fast_Bear
2 models.

And a 8 string Vintage Modified Jazz.

THAT IS ALL.

give that man a cookie great idea
Quote by Vampire 255
jazz body
p bass neck
duncan designed pb-105
single volume pot

Mark Hoppus :p

Yeah, same here really, would love to see it, esp. in hot pink! (Would sell bucketloads).

Maybe the extra £30/40 for the actual basslines?
Quote by Vampire 255
jazz body
p bass neck
duncan designed pb-105
single volume pot

I thought the idea was to make the squier better not worse...

Anyways. The only good idea i have seen so far is an 8 string. Perhaps two type of 8 string. one octave and one with 8 strings in a row
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
P-bass body w/vintage pastel style paint--daphne blue, surf green, etc.

Jazz Neck-rosewood with no inlays

stick the typical, better then MiM, duncan designed p-bass pup in there
add a piezo pridge and pot

Jazz bass-volume, volume, tone electronics set up.(though maybe a 2-tone 2 vol. would be better).

passive p-bass pup, preamp for the piezo (can they do that? and still belend them?)

edit* then again rosewood looks bad with the vintage finishes... I'll have to think about that.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by Captain Insano
Squier Urge II

That would be awesome, imo.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
I actually really like the look of the new Classic Series P-Bass. It's in my favourite colour (sonic blue) and it's a P-bass so it must be awesome. If it had a bigger bridge on it then it would be my perfect Squier, unless Squier would put me a DarkStar in the bridge position then THAT would be my perfect Squier.

Oh yeah I'd have a nice alder body rather than basswood too.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by HiyuKantaro
What about 'a swuier that doesn't like like a squier' becasue I think the model is a bit to much mainstream!

Somebody ease my brain here...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'd have a pile of firewood.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
5 string.

Body + Neck:
Maple or alder P body with 3-tone sunburst or Lake Placid Blue. 24 Fret maple neck.

Electronics:
Seymour Duncan quarter pounder P+J with blend, stacked Treble/bass cut/boost, stacked mid freq. selector and cut/boost.
Quote by .Anfield
Mark Hoppus :p

Yeah, same here really, would love to see it, esp. in hot pink! (Would sell bucketloads).

Maybe the extra £30/40 for the actual basslines?

ye but i doubt squier would do proper duncans

but the hot pink would be awesome especially (sp?) if it had the skull and cross bone inlays
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
the VM p bass with a a better bridge and a the quarter pounder(the ducan designed not the actual one), that could be the ultimate pop-punk bass in a cheap price

but really my dream squier will be this:
j body
j maple neck
rosewood fretboard
a P pickup(the duncan designed QP would be great)
1 volume, 1 tone
a 1 piece pickguard if thats possible
a high mass bridge like the new classic series
a for color, white with black pickguard
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400