just goy my laney vc30 the other day and was wondering what effects and pedals i could buy for it, like zoom and added distortion, any ideas folks, iam new to this so any ideas would be appreciated.
Also iam still waiting for my epiphone les paul 1956 P90 which should arrive next week so ive got to continue using my fender squire which still sounds sh*te, even on my new amp, i just hope my new guitar will be a huge improvement?
It depends what sort of sounds you want to create. The most versatile and widely used effects are probably distortion, wah and delay. For distortion I'd recommend the Boss DS-1.
Are you sure its distortion you want? What sort of music do you play? I'm guessing you play more classic rock (hence the vc30) and if so you might want to look at an overdrive pedal instead.
it seems like you like classic rock since you have p90 les paul

(sorry if thats not the case and im pulling stuff out of thin air lol)

but if you do check out the marshall bluesbreaker 2, its amazing
yeah thats right, i like classic rock, iam not sure what iam looking for so any suggestions will be good, i want to sound similar to queensrhyke, neil young, bob dylan (electric stuff), clash, thunder, marilion etc.
Crank your amp and you've got a classic rock sound right there with no effects.

If you want to be able to get the same sounds at lower volume get an overdrive pedal. They vary a lot both in terms of price and sound. The Tubescreamers are popular as are the Electro Harmony Muffs.

As for other pedals, its entirely up to you. Personally a tube amp, a tubescreamer and a delay pedal are more than enough for me.
My guitar doesnt arrive till next week so i havent tested it out yet, just wanted some ideas to improve the sound even more, so cheers, i'll have a look at the ones you suggested,
Quote by Free
Crank your amp and you've got a classic rock sound right there with no effects.

If you want to be able to get the same sounds at lower volume get an overdrive pedal. They vary a lot both in terms of price and sound. The Tubescreamers are popular as are the Electro Harmony Muffs.

The Electro-Harmonix Big Muff isn't an overdrive, it's a fuzz and you may want one for some classic rock stuff. You might also want to look at a wah pedal.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm