I just moved to france from california, Im guna be here 6 months, i brought my guitar... but not my amp. Something came up and im guna be playing a pretty big gig in like 3 weeks. I realy wanna ship my peavey amp cause it be perfect for a live event.. and the amp they have here isnt very powerfull... just doesnt have my tone. Now it is it feasible to get it shipped? is it too expensive to bother with? We are going to be using the cities sound system... so maybe i just can connect my guitar through it? but then no tube sound or crunchy distortion? please help!
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
Is there nowhere that can 'lend' you an amp? A guitar shop or something?
Voltages won't match. You can't feed 110V to an amp that requires 220V without the use of power adapters. If you do ship it, look for an adapter.
Quote by darkstriker
Voltages won't match. You can't feed 110V to an amp that requires 220V without the use of power adapters. If you do ship it, look for an adapter.

a lot of amps will have a voltage switch, you will need a plug adapter though and you still may need a step up converter.

EDIT: seeing that you have a VK, yeah you probably will need a step up converter.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You would be better off just getting a new one. You have to be careful with the ratings on the adapters, since the wattage you are trying to pull might destroy it.
Quote by joey arce
You would be better off just getting a new one. You have to be careful with the ratings on the adapters, since the wattage you are trying to pull might destroy it.

they definitely sell converters that can handle that much wattage (make sure you go by the wattage drawn and not the output wattage as they are different and the wattage drawn is usually a lot higher.) but you might have to special order it.

Last.fm
Anyone know how much it would cost too ship? would i go through fedex? I think if its more than around 200 it just might not be worth it too ship, cause then ide have to get the adapters.
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
Quote by Phantom-x
Anyone know how much it would cost too ship? would i go through fedex? I think if its more than around 200 it just might not be worth it too ship, cause then ide have to get the adapters.

According to fed-ex's website it would cost $481.22 for the cheapest available shipping options. That doesn't include professional packaging and shipping insurance, both of which you would want.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jun 7, 2008,
ohh well... ill just look for other options then... Maybe ill rent or something. Well thanks n e ways guyz.
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
Just "buy" one from AMS, use it for the gig, and ship it back for a full refund within 45 days.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H