I got this in an email recently, and realised it's actually a good point. What does the pit think?

"Message from a hard working Aussie"

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, as I work on a mine site on a Western Australian construction project, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a Centerlink Payment because I have to pass one to earn it for them?? Please understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their backsie drinking grog and smoking dope. Could you imagine how much money the Government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a Centerlink Payment??

For my international friends:

Centerlink = welfare office
Grog = alcohol

Discuss.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I think everyone who actually pays taxes would be very open to it.

Quote by Scumbag1792
I'd fail it
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
interesting point

he should submit the idea in writing to someone important.

and im sure britain would benefit from something similar...
Quote by freddaahh
I do think it is a rather suspect sound of metal dildos and horses.
very good point, i'd love to see government try to enforce it though.
Doctor: Wait a minute, Brian, you have a pre-existing relationship with this degenerate?
Peter: A degenerate, am I? Well you are a festizio! See, I can make up words too, sister.
That acctually makes A LOT of sense in my opinion , the government shouldn't be giving out wellfare payments to those who only use the money to buy alcohol and dope.
Quote by shigidab0p
I like the idea, but I don't think people in general would be open to it.

Yeah cause then the freaking boozers out there are gonna complain and bitch and the government will give in as usual for " political correctness ".

I seriously wanna punch our leaders today in the throat.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by mooney141
very good point, i'd love to see government try to enforce it though.

Well, you walk into centerlink to get your free money, you refuse to take the test, you walk out with an empty wallet!

Quote by Scumbag1792
This seems more like a way to get prohibition back than it is to keep the employees "clean".
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
So... if you're unemployed and claiming benefit you're not allowed to drink?? The only reason this guy has to pass the urine test is because he's presumably working in an environment where alcohol consumption would put other workers in danger. I can sympathise with not wanting to give people money who just waste it on drink/drugs, but I don't think a urine test should be the way to go
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
As long as I pay less taxes, I'm cool with it. Hell, the USA should implement wat he's talkin bout. Tho, there is also the issue of the piss test itself, which I'm not in favor of. The idea of reduced taxes, yes; piss test, no. I think piss tests force a citizen to be checked for somethin that they shouldn't have to be checked for.
Quote by Lamby-92
and im sure britain would benefit from something similar...

As would America.... Especially America...

Quote by Random88
So... if you're unemployed and claiming benefit you're not allowed to drink??

If you can't earn a living and someone else has to pay your way, you have no right wasting the money on non-essential items.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by shakin'cakes
I seriously wanna punch our leaders today in the throat.

You ain't the only one, man.
Quote by merfsullivan
If you can't earn a living and someone else has to pay your way, you have no right wasting the money on non-essential items.

+1, exactly my point

Quote by Scumbag1792
Brillant piont, I whole heartedly agree with the hard working Aussie, especially considering that approximately one third of all federal tax revenue is spent on social security. I personally know one person who is now 37 and has spent his whole adult life on drugs paid for by centrelink, also recently the goverment spent a few extra thousand dollars replacing his heart valves that had eroded as a result of prolonged drug use. Makes you shiver when you hear about the poor souls on hospital waiting lists.
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

i play guitar with my penis
It is a good idea. However implementing it, as said above would be the main issue
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
that could put a lot of good in the world ands reduce gvmnt debt at the same time
Quote by CLaSH88
Brillant piont, I whole heartedly agree with the hard working Aussie, especially considering that approximately one third of all federal tax revenue is spent on social security. I personally know one person who is now 37 and has spent his whole adult life on drugs paid for by centrelink, also recently the goverment spent a few extra thousand dollars replacing his heart valves that had eroded as a result of prolonged drug use. Makes you shiver when you hear about the poor souls on hospital waiting lists.

Stories like that really make me think that something has to change in this country..

Quote by Scumbag1792
it is a very good idea...sadly our governments can be too goddam NICE to implement something like that

my dad talked to a woman yesterday who (is also pregnant) smokes 80 fags a day and is on the dole
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Yeah, Centrelink really needs to have a tougher monitering system for slackers.
more sig required.
Quote by chimpinatux
it is a very good idea...sadly our governments can be too goddam NICE to implement something like that

my dad talked to a woman yesterday who (is also pregnant) smokes 80 fags a day and is on the dole

Which is rediculous, considering the price of them these days!

I wonder where her baby bonus payment is going to go?

Although I have heard there are plans to make a special card with the money from the baby bonus on it, and its only accepted for buying food, clothes, etc. Perhaps this could be a good system for centerlink payments?

Quote by Scumbag1792
if i had to take a drug test it would come out swirly and multicoloured. thats how bad it would be.
I'd also like to add, for people who genuinely need a helping hand and have/will contribute to society, like pensioners or students, they have to jump through hoops and sometimes still receive little or nothing (as a full time student the government deemed 14 dollars a week acceptable for me to live on)
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

i play guitar with my penis
Quote by CLaSH88
I'd also like to add, for people who genuinely need a helping hand and have/will contribute to society, like pensioners or students, they have to jump through hoops and sometimes still receive little or nothing (as a full time student the government deemed 14 dollars a week acceptable for me to live on)

Which is shocking!! I have no problem with payments going to people who deserve it, but the most deserving ones often seem to be those missing out.

Quote by Scumbag1792