Hi ive been playing for 7-8 years and would like some help with sweep picking.. ive checked out the main thread but cant seem to get the hang of it... any help?
yup its a sig... yeaaah..
its funny to get the hang of, i one night just sort of 'cracked it' right there and then randomly

but really theres not much to say apart from do 3 string sweeps at first, and perfect them before you ty doing more strings, and start SLOW

also just look on youtube for what people are doing technique wise
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
start slow, you dont have to play arpeggios if you dont want to, although that might help give you good ideas. but just keep practicing, its tricky but you can get the hang of it
Well, first suggestion is this. Slow the **** down. Don't try to go fast from the get-go. Learn the licks and then slowly (key word bein slowly) speed them up to say 200bpm. The key is to memorize the lick before you try to go faster.
It was weird for me, I'm fine with 5 sting sweeps, and find 3 string sweeps a lot harder... seeing as I learnt 5 string sweeps first, it kinda makes sense (i shouldnt have!) but still... I'm learning 6 string sweeps at the moment, they're hard, but I'm getting the hang of them finally!
I would say it's kind of hard to practice sweep picking by starting slow. If you go two slow, you may end up individually picking notes, which would beat the point of trying to sweep.
Pinch Harmonics are all about luck. The more you practice them, the luckier you get.
I dunno. Honestly I just practiced them until I got my hands coordinated. Then I started working on adding more strings, rolling fingers, getting better economy of motion, hammering on stuff... etc
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Start at a comfortable tempo with 3 string arpeggios (high-e, b, g) and once you've got that up to speed, try adding a trill on the high-e. Once you get that down, you can add the D-string.

You know we should really have an official sweep picking thread.
hue
Quote by Milkywaykid1
Hi ive been playing for 7-8 years and would like some help with sweep picking.. ive checked out the main thread but cant seem to get the hang of it... any help?

Try the Two Month Sweeping Challenge a lot of people had and its helped them a lot. Me and my friend are staring it next week...If you have any more questions just pm the guy on youtube he's pretty good at returning ur messages. Hope it helps.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WTFWBhmE_jw