Page 1 of 2
Some people say PRS is the highest end guitar brand, others say Parker and maybe Carvin as well. So what exactly is the highest end guitar brand?
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Electric wise; PRS probably are the highest end of the mainstream guitar manufacturers; however there are several higher end ones; and as far as acoustics go, there's hundreds of high end luthiers
Quote by Metallist65
First of all, are you talkin Electric or Acoustic here?

yeah I guess that is important because a classical guitar would ona completely different scale than a solidbody electric, for example the cheapest Conde Hermanos guitar costs about $4k US and prices go up to $31k whereas electrics are at a lower price point and less worksmanship.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
lowden or vigier
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Suhr lets PRS look like its made in korea.
Suhr all the way!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'm sure there's some incredibly obscure luthier nobody's ever heard of that only makes his guitars out of trees that he's personally inspected, conversed with, and cut down with a butter knife, and sells his guitars for $500,000 apiece... that's about as high- end as you can get.
zemaitis?
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
There is a luthier that lives around here who will make whatever you desire, and slap a $2000-6000+ price tag on the instrument. I'd say that blows away companies like PRS. He does brand his guitars too, so technically it is a brand...
If you're talking readily available (not "to order") and price I'd say Gibson. The price of some of their Les Pauls now is extremely high end (8K) and I personally wouldn't pay it!
Quote by necrophilic
zemaitis?

Yeah, they are pretty high end. I doubt they are the highest priced guitar brand, but they are definetly in that realm.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
rickenbacker can get up there
stock models often exceed $2000
im afriad of what a custom can cost
Zemaitis is pretty high up there, some Gibsons can get really pricey ($40,000 for a Jimmy Page signature doubleneck), PRS, too.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
I'd say Carvin.... but I'm not sure. Are we going on the basis of price or what?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I'm sure there's some incredibly obscure luthier nobody's ever heard of that only makes his guitars out of trees that he's personally inspected, conversed with, and cut down with a butter knife, and sells his guitars for $500,000 apiece... that's about as high- end as you can get.

QFT.
Well all guitar brands make a mix of low quality guitars and high end models
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
those are the mainstream ones. But there's probably a couple hundred guitar-makers (think the sword-maker guy in Kill Bill) hiding out in various spots who make "magic" guitars. But you'd have to do a quest for them to get the guitar.
Quote by aedmiston
rickenbacker can get up there
stock models often exceed $2000
im afriad of what a custom can cost

I tried to get a job at the Rickenbacker factory a couple months ago.

I would say Gibson Custom Shop guitars are the highest grade in my book.
Quote by jake_1234
Well all guitar brands make a mix of low quality guitars and high end models

Wrong. Bernie Rico Jr. KxK. Sherman Guitars. You get the idea. Then there are some companies that don't have any nice models. I don't look into their guitars though so I can't name any off of the top of my head.
martin, taylor, gibson, frammus, steinberg???? idk
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by Arbitror
Parker IMO. PRS have taken a nosedive in the last ten years.

I like Parker's once i get the money deffiantly getting a Fly Deluxe. So yeah deffiatnly Parker.
Ibanez. Only the ones made by Mr.Ibanez though.

Seriously, independent luthiers are the highest end I see.
High end does not equate with high price. High end meaning you get top of the line parts, components, wood, construction, finish.....I would hardly say that PRS has this. You
d be looking at small luthiers fo sho
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Any mainstream brands custom shop (Dean, ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, Fender, Gibson, Peavey) will build an amazing guitar, to your standards therefore being the best guitar for you.

Carvin by far builds the best guitar for the features, money and quality. For under $2,000 no brand can touch Carvin. Sure certain guitars can be better, but overall, Carvin as a whole does not disappoint.

If you consider standard series guitars, PRS, Suhr, G&L, Caparison, Vigier, Framus all build great instruments.

Then you have the luthiers that have their own brands, Ken Lawrence, Conklin, Blackmachine, can't really name that many brands off the top of my head... they don't really compromise their own niche, although they can build the buyer a guitar with their requirements, yet with the flavor of the company itself. It would be like asking Russell Mitchell to build you a bad ass bike with a bright paint job, it's just not gonna happen; you can get the badass bike with a mean paint job.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
First Act. Duh.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
PRS, have you seen their double dragon guitars? Those are like $20,000.

as to the electric/acoustic question WHAT FORUM IS THIS?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Rickenbacker - We're not talking expensive, we're talking about HIGH END QUALITY GUITAR BRANDS. Rickenbacker wins.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Page 1 of 2