okay so im restringing my acoustic got to the last string and then pin wont go in, shall i use more force? any ideas?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
yeah i am i was following a guide in total guitar, for some reason the pin won't go in :S it dosent seem to be damaged either
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Take a knife and cut lil slivers outta the peg; be careful to only cut really, really thin slivers. It's prolly that the old set was a lower guage than the new set. The old set was prolly like .050 on the Low E and the new is prolly .056. I found when I changed from .050 to .056 that I had to cut slivers outta my Low E peg. Usually a peg gets used to a certain guage. As a result, if your new strings aren't the same guage as the old ones, it usually means you have to adjust your pegs.
ive gone down 2 gauges lol i had 12's went to tens :S
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Are you lining up the slot in the pin with the string? The slot has to face forward, toward the headstock of the guitar, with the string resting in the groove of the pin. I'm guessing by "last string" you mean the low E, which being the fattest gauge would usually be the most likely to give you troubles.
Why did you go 2 gauges down in size? Acoustics, for the most part, sound best with .012's on them. This is the average gauge for most run of the mill acoustics out there today. That light of a gauge string might be too light to drive the soundboard, and you'll wind up with a quiet, lifeless sounding guitar. .010's are pretty thin.
I'm really curious what made you decide to switch to .010's.

I don't think I've ever actually heard of anyone with .010's on an acoustic.
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
I use .010's.

Can I ask why?

I believe Leftydave mentioned why .010's are not typically suited for acoustic guitars. Is there a reason you need to use them?
Quote by slidething31
Can I ask why?

I believe Leftydave mentioned why .010's are not typically suited for acoustic guitars. Is there a reason you need to use them?

I find them way easier to bend and I like the way they feel. Do I need any other reasons then those? They are acoustic strings btw, what's the point of making .010's if you're not supposed to use them?

EDIT:

Well if they feel good to you thats all that matters. Personally, I just can't imagine sacrificing that much tone just for easier bends.
In Gibb's(the guy from ZZtop) opinion the lower the gage the sweeter the sound...something like that. So, it just depends on what sound you want. I like 12s personally.
Quote by rancidryan
okay so im restringing my acoustic got to the last string and then pin wont go in, shall i use more force? any ideas?

please dont use force. Guitar pins dont stay in the holes because you use force to get them in. the pins stay in the holes because the tension of the strings locks the ball of the string between the pin and the underneath of the bridge.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
me too.. i like 0.012-0.053.. but just recently i bought a 0.011-0.052 since i didn't find any 0.012-0.053 anymore.. would that have great difference in tone? i bought the strings but i haven't tried it out yet..

well rancidryan, if you feel good with the 0.010s, go with it.. it's a matter of preference..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R