hey guys, i wanna buy a seven string, problem is, ive neva bought one before, so i was wondering if anyone could recomend some guitars for me?

im looking to spend about £300-£500

any recomendations are welcome, from guitar models to wood types

p.s im looking for a real low-end crunch

cheers guys, rele appriciate it.
The first guitar that came to my mind was the Ibanez RG7321. But you could always look at some Schecters.
youll probably be asked to move to the electric guitar forum...but anyway

i have the Ibanez RG1527, its right at the end of your price range, i got mine for £500
if you like thin necks and trems then its brilliant, doesnt go out of tune much, easy to shred on, beasty for riffing, and the humbuckers with 5 way switch gives you a fair few options
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
also the ibanez xiphos 7 string comes with good pickups etc but it depends on if you dig the shape
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
For your price range, I'd consider the Ibanez RG7321 or the Ibanez RG1527. (as already recommended)

The RG7321 has basic/stock pickups, is a hardtail, I'm pretty sure it is basswood. It is a great guitar to start out with for a 7. It is a great price and deal. The RG1527 is pretty much the same guitar, just a more "upgraded" version... it has a floating bridge and better craftsmanship, though I believe the pickups and wood are the same.

But I prefer Ibanez personally. I hear a lot of recommendations for Schecter, but I personally don't care for them. You may also find it useful to check out SevenString.org, it is a great forum for 7-stringers... http://www.sevenstring.org/
I'd recommend one of the Schecter Omen 7 strings.
Not the best pickups, and not the best hardware, my input jack has to be tightened regularly , tuners aren't the best, but it's all perfectly functional, and for getting a feel for 7 strings, and seeing if its something you wan't to pursue further, they're great guitars.
Quote by thellamaking
The first guitar that came to my mind was the Ibanez RG7321. But you could always look at some Schecters.

Me too. I had one, very neat solid guitar. I took it to school 3 days a week without a case or gigbag for 6 months, and it held up beautifully. The pickups are a little flat, though.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Broken link?

its was a joke about being in the wrong forum :P

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by CyBerAliEn
For your price range, I'd consider the Ibanez RG7321 or the Ibanez RG1527. (as already recommended)

The RG7321 has basic/stock pickups, is a hardtail, I'm pretty sure it is basswood. It is a great guitar to start out with for a 7. It is a great price and deal. The RG1527 is pretty much the same guitar, just a more "upgraded" version... it has a floating bridge and better craftsmanship, though I believe the pickups and wood are the same.

But I prefer Ibanez personally. I hear a lot of recommendations for Schecter, but I personally don't care for them. You may also find it useful to check out SevenString.org, it is a great forum for 7-stringers... http://www.sevenstring.org/

i'm pretty sure they have different pickups. and i'm the same way, i've played Shecters and i dont care for them much either. i dont really like Ibanez 6 strings but i love my RG7321, it's weird. i just hate the pickups in my 7321.

i'm surprised hmmm_de_hum hasn't posted something in this thread yet. he knows a lot about 7 strings. if you want more information and more specific and knowledgable help, bring this question to the 7 string legion.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599065&page=156&pp=20

it might be your best bet. or you can go to www.sevenstring.org like this guy suggested.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Last edited by ugmung at Jun 7, 2008,
I would say, Ibanez RG7321 or Ibanez S7320

I'm somewhat of a fanboy.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX