Right, so I'm pretty much set on getting a Xiphos, and I'm almost positive I'm going to swap out the trem pretty soon after I get it. Problem is, with what?

I've heard that you have to a bit of routing to fit an OFR into an Edge III route, so that's pretty much out of the question unless someone convinces me otherwise. Apparently any of the Edge trem series will fit right into an Edge III route, so what are some of the better ones, other than the Edge Pro? I've seen original Edges on eBay for pretty cheap, are they decent?

I really love the ZR Trem, as well, and I can get one cheaper than an Edge Pro or OFR... how much of a pain in the ass would it be to fit that into the Xiphos?

By the way, there's a Xiphos for sale near me with a Tremol- no installed... will that help the tuning stability and most of the normal complaints with the Edge III or is it just making it a slightly more versatile piece of crap?
dude i hate the ibanez tremolos see if u can ask a guitar store if it is possiable to put in a floyd or somin cause the ibanez ones are a pain the ass
Quote by sandman-105
dude i hate the ibanez tremolos see if u can ask a guitar store if it is possiable to put in a floyd or somin cause the ibanez ones are a pain the ass

I played an Ibanez ZR at GC, and it was lovely. The Edge Pro and some of the non- Edge III trems are supposedly on par with OFR's.

Exactly which Ibanez trems have you played?
Is the Edge III really on par with the OFR? cause I see people swapping them out for OFRs almost twice a month
I have a tutorial I wrote on how to switch out the edge III for an OFR without paying a single cent to a guitar tech. It was actually very easy, although, requires lots of patience. Paying a tech is not worth it.

The tutorial is in my sig. I got another guitar with an edgeIII. Its a great bridge. Nowhere near as bad as every one says. Really nice bridge, although the OFR is indeed nicer but uglier.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Is the Edge III really on par with the OFR? cause I see people swapping them out for OFRs almost twice a month

He said NON-Edge III trems. Re-read the post.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by nyandres
I have a tutorial I wrote on how to switch out the edge III for an OFR without paying a single cent to a guitar tech. It was actually very easy, although, requires lots of patience. Paying a tech is not worth it.

The tutorial is in my sig. I got another guitar with an edgeIII. Its a great bridge. Nowhere near as bad as every one says. Really nice bridge, although the OFR is indeed nicer but uglier.

Hm... so all you did was the sanding? No routing necessary?
Yup. Just sanding. But it took hours of sanding. But just sanding, and it looks like new. It may fit without sanding, but you want to make sure there is space all around the unit otherwise it may not work smoothly, or it might hit the wood which is not good. Its really easy though.

If you have a sanding bit and a gun it is even quicker.
^sounds cool, I'll look into that.

Anyone know about fitting a ZR trem into the Edge III route?
That can be done too. It will take a LOT of routing. The edge III is pretty good though, if you learn to set it up. Its a really nice bridge, and its smoother than the floyd rose, and even the kahler. Its about as smooth as there is. Enjoy the Edge III. If you dont like it then swap it. I would swap it out for a Lo Pr edge. Thats the best bridge ever.