i have a gibson lp standard and i might get a classic later this year, because i want to do a "peter green mod" on one of them (that is making the guitar out of phase).

can anyone advise me as to which guitar to mod like this, in order to get the best results?

is there anyone out there who has done this mod and regrets it, or really loves it and wishes they had done it sooner?

thanks
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
You mean just spinning the neck pickup around? I did that to my Standard and it sounded alright, couldn't really notice a difference to be brutally honest but maybe that's just because I don't use the pickups together much.
well, i dont really know the technical info about putting the humbuckers out of phase, though i understand there are different ways to do it......?

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Well on Peter Green/Gary Moore's Les Paul I think all that was changed was the pickup being put around the wrong way. Then when both pickups are selected at once the magnets go against each other or something, who knows!
You'll have to remove the pickup, take out the magnet and flip its polarity (ie turn it thru 180 degrees) then stick the pickup back in. You can get a similar effect by resoldering the pickup lead wires the opposite way round, but this will require insulating the original ground lead, so the magnet is your best bet.

Simply turning the pickup round won't make any real difference to the sound, maybe tighten it up a little at best.
Quote by kyle62
You'll have to remove the pickup, take out the magnet and flip its polarity (ie turn it thru 180 degrees) then stick the pickup back in.

so how do you flip the polarity?

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50