Page 1 of 2
Opeth on steroids. That's all I really have to say. Amazing progressive death metal with epic, long songs. I highly suggest anyone check them out. They have a unique sound, and are a blast to listen to. Check out both their albums. "Core" is three twenty minute songs, and is far from any -core prefix.. Quite amazing.

http://www.myspace.com/persefoneband
Ugh, myspace player is being a tool, but I enjoy this stuff when it actually plays.

Good find.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Nice find, I really like this.

The name sounds familiar too, and not just because it's a bastardised spelling of a character from Greek myth.

And I've never heard of another metal band from Andorra, either.

So...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
-coughs for credit-

Core -pronounced Core-eh-... is I forgot the daughter of who but yeah its a cd based off some greek mythology I believe though I think it had spins of its own... and their previous CD is Truth Inside the Shades which is pretty damn good as well -though more straight forward than Core(h) yet still pretty... epic long and what not... check it out as well =D
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
-coughs for credit-
Core -pronounced Core-eh-... is I forgot the daughter of who but yeah its a cd based off some greek mythology

Daughter of Demeter, goddess of nature or fertility, I think... those two are intervined anyway. On topic - this stuff is quite good... I wonder why this thread didn't get much attention...
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
alot of threads of rather unknown bands never really get much attention sadly, or at least people dont say **** regardless of opinion -punches fetus to his side-... yes I always have one handy -replaces-
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
-coughs for credit-

You can have credit if you want it. You showed me these guys. Just thought they deserved a thread
I've listened to the songs on myspace a lot since first reading the thread.

I have to get the full length now... I'm really liking them.

The word "epic" is thrown around too much, but, ya know... They are.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Great stuff. Usually I don't like it when albums consist of just a few long songs, but Core is a definite exception. It's very epic.

It sounds like a mixture of Symphony X, Opeth, and Edge of Sanity, with some black metal influence, which in my book is a massive combination of win.
^Indeed.

I want to find a physical copy of either album now. I just know it will be ball-crushingly expensive though.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

I'll have to check this out, from all of the above praise. Interesting way to spell the name, for it is usually spelled "Persephone." I like epic songs, so this should be sick. Can't wait to give it a listen tomorrow.

Quote by Broadsword
Great stuff. Usually I don't like it when albums consist of just a few long songs, but Core is a definite exception. It's very epic.

It sounds like a mixture of Symphony X, Opeth, and Edge of Sanity, with some black metal influence, which in my book is a massive combination of win.

If Broady approves, it must be good.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
they spelled it like that probably cause they speak spanish and thats how it is in spanish blah blah blah
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Jun 10, 2008,
I was actually about to make a thread on these guys. I heard them on an internet radio a couple months ago and loved it. These guys are too good. They need to get more recognition, therefore me bumping this is well justified.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Core is amazing, been listening to it for the past few days, and it is so much better than I remember.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
It's been awhile since I've listened to these guys. I'd trust my Past Self's judgment, but a lot has changed since then. Time to give Core a spin once more, I'm thinking.
^Do it, Seed is fukking amazing!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last bump, for some reason I think Slay would like this band if he hasn't already heard them.
Quote by Senor Kristian
BUMP

Anyone else excited for their new album?
I read that they're about half way done recording. I also read in their studio blog that they have some japanese lyrics, and i think maybe spoken word parts in japanese too. I think if anyone can do it and not make it sound gimmicky, it's Persefone, although you never know. Anyone else have any thoughts?
I didn't even know they had a new album coming out!!! This better be as good as Core, because that cd owns so fukking much!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Yeah, it surprised me when i found out too.
It better be haha, they've set the bar real high.
I think it'l be good though
^Thank you, finally someone else that understands the greatness that is Persefone, I've been bumping this like crazy lately, because I decided to give Core another listen, and it really blew my away this time, Seed is just fukking amazing!!! Do you know when the album is due?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Agreed, Persefone is amazazazazing.
I like actually can't pick a favorite from Core haha, they're just all so awesome

/well deserved Persefone fellation

And i heard sometime in like summer, like Julyish.
Hell yeah man!

That's awesome, I'll definitely have to get this album when it's released.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Ne Obliviscaris is the album I'm most excited for, but this one is definitely out there! Can't wait.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Oooooo I almost forgot about that, and Gorod too for me actually.

Either way, Persefones great.
Quote by Shred Head
How exactly is their name pronounced? Purse-phone?

Per as in person, se as in scepter, and fone as in phoney. Hope that helps.

Quote by Stoner0405
I can't wait to get home and check these guys out. From the discussion in here, it sounds like something I'll really like.

They kick ass, seriously check out Core, that album is fukking epic.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
-coughs for credit-

Core -pronounced Core-eh-... is I forgot the daughter of who but yeah its a cd based off some greek mythology I believe though I think it had spins of its own... and their previous CD is Truth Inside the Shades which is pretty damn good as well -though more straight forward than Core(h) yet still pretty... epic long and what not... check it out as well =D

Kore is another name for Persephone, they're different aspects of the same goddess. She's the daughter of Demeter(Hecate). Kore and Demeter are grain and fertility goddesses. Persephone is the queen of the underworld and consort to Hades.

Hecate is a crone goddess of death, crossroads, waning moons and dark magic. She's Demeter all winter while she's mourning the loss of her daughter.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Apr 10, 2009,
Does anybody know who the female singer on Core was?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Gah, the new album is out in Japan, but I cannot find anything online.
Quote by Senor Kristian
^^ No, I'm not aware of who the female singer is, she is quite good though.

And Iwas able to get ahold of Shin-Ken, all in all it's pretty good, theres alot of short instrumentals, which I'm a fan of.
Though I was hoping for there to be one huge epicly long track, but the longest is only 8 minutes, which seems incredibly short when compared to Core
Page 1 of 2