hey im new, i was wondering if anyone had a traynor amp
and how they sound, im thinking about buying one
The YCV (or something like that) is always recommended as a good alternative for the Marshall in the USA
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Either vintage or brand new, Traynors are great amps and great values.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thats what ive been told, but does anyone have one?
And have sound clips i can listen to?
Quote by aaaa-4
Thats what ive been told, but does anyone have one?
And have sound clips i can listen to?

What are you looking for in an amp? What kind of music are you playing, and for whom are you playing it?

I have a YBA-2A Bassmate head from the early 70's that I've paired with a 1x12 cab with a Jensen C12Q speaker. It's a fantastic amp. Runs on two EL84's like a Fender Blues Jr., but puts out about 10W more. Kinda behaves like a blackface Fender when you push it.

I also have a rather rare EL34 powered Voicemate, which looks like a guitar amp head (and can be used as one), but is actually a tube powered, four channel PA head. It's an incredible clean amp. I'd have to mod it to get it to overdrive. Takes pedals great, though.

But I don't think this helps you.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by aaaa-4
good tone, good sound, rock, coffee shop gigs

The 40W Traynor might be too much for you, then. The recently discontinued YCV 20 would be a good fit if you can find one. Otherwise, maybe Fender Pro or Blues Jr., or a Crate V18 might be in order.

For a coffee shop type setting, you might be able to go all the way down to 5W. you could get a Blackheart Little Giant, Epiphone Valve Jr., or a Fender Champion 600.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.