Poll: Should i plaster my guitar case in stickers?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should i plaster my guitar case in stickers?
Yeah it will look cool
25 37%
No it will just look messy
42 63%
Voters: 67.
I have a hard black coffin case for my b.c rich and im not sure if it would it look good if I plastered it in stickers?
C4C
Latest song: Fading Silhouettes

Quote by goest
You raped someone with a knife, didn't you?
I have about 10 skating stickers on mine and it doesn't look too bad. I wouldn't over do it though.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Yeah but its a coffin case so im not sure if it will look good and it was EXPENSIVE
C4C

Quote by goest
Just make sure you cover the whole thing. it looks dumb with empty space
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Emm yeah i just tried that very hard expecally trying to photo shop over 30 stickers on to it ill let you try that one
C4C

Quote by goest
Putting stickers over this?

Nah, I wouldn't.

But I wouldn't buy the case in the first place
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The good thing about stickers is that they make your instrument stand out. If you play in a venue where there might be half a dozen different bands playing that night, you want to make damned sure your gear stands out. Plastering with stickers is a good way to make sure no one picks up the wrong case.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
The good thing about stickers is that they make your instrument stand out. If you play in a venue where there might be half a dozen different bands playing that night, you want to make damned sure your gear stands out. Plastering with stickers is a good way to make sure no one picks up the wrong case.

You could just spray paint your name in wicked graffti style!

/gansta talk
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker

/gansta talk

I'm a big fan of having the name of your band stenciled on all your road gear, but when you're still young and unsigned you tend to go through bands pretty quickly, so you don't want to be permanently marking the cases.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Or, you could do what Randy Rhoads did, and that worked great for him.
Look at the case (DUH!)
(Invalid img)
DIO FOREVER
Well I say, put stickers on it you like. I mean it is your case, also put your name on it, like using that black mailbox lettering with the silver background, that way you can prove it is yours. But yeah, the one about the bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity I want one of those to put on my guitar case for my SG, my LP it's case stays clean, hell I son of a gun it every once and a while. No but a older guy I hang out with has diffrent stickers on his gibson hardshell (ES135) and it looks great, not a ton, but they are ones that are just him. So thats what I would do.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
Just think of it as extra protection for your axe! It'll reinforce the case a little!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
put your name in masking tape so it looks cool. then paint it. white would be awesome IMO
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Yea, if your case is expensive, i guess you wouln't want to get it covered in stickers, but I have a old case I keep my jackson in, and I put all kinds a stuff on it. like writing stuff in tape and stuff. anyway, it can be fun. I don't really think anyone plans to cover their case in one sitting, from what i've learned, old things kinda aquire interesting stickers and marks and stuff.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Quote by 60CycleHum
Or, you could do what Randy Rhoads did, and that worked great for him.
Look at the case (DUH!)

That's a proper flight case kids. Any guitar in one of those would survive a plane crash. Sadly no one's build one for the musician yet.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

a coffin case covered in stickers is still a coffin case. and it's my opinion that coffin cases are the thing people get but regret and are ashamed of even owning 2 years down the line. thats my opinion. you can take it or leave it.

if it was me i'd but a nice case, preferably rectangular shaped, and i wouldnt plaster it with stickers all at once. i'd do it over the course of years. gives it much more character.
I think if you have to ask an internet forum about something that should be a result of your own taste and stlye you are a peasant.
Who cares!?

Do you really think anyone is going to mock you for having stickers on your guitar case? If you want them there put 'em on, if you don't then don't. It's all a matter of personal taste. Asking this on a forum is like asking a stranger what clothes you should wear.
^My thoughts exactly. What is this world coming to. People used to put stickers on there gear to express themselves but now they have to go to a forum and have a poll of whats the coolest. Makes me want to barf.

TS why dont you buy some pre ripped jeans and rub dirt on them to make them look old while your at it. Get a chinese letter or tribal tatoo because you have no orginal inspiration but want to have ink on you.
Last edited by /-\liceNChains at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by /-\liceNChains
^My thoughts exactly. What is this world coming to. People used to put stickers on there gear to express themselves but now they have to go to a forum and have a poll of whats the coolest. Makes me want to barf.

TS why dont you buy some pre ripped jeans and rub dirt on them to make them look old while your at it. Get a chinese letter or tribal tatoo because you have no orginal inspiration but want to have ink on you.

Seriously...

Of course, the case (in your opinion) is a beautiful case and should be showcased in all it's glory.... and there is certainly nothing wrong with stickers on a case, BUT...

putting stickers on the case for the sake of putting stickers on it is silly... Put stickers that...

A.) You really like (Funny things, band things)
B.) Come from places you've traveled to

it shouldn't be "Should I put stickers on my case?" it should be "I traveled to Nevada, here's the sticker for proof! (because otherwise no one would believe me!)"
Do you guys think I should wear my hat straight forward or backwards or on a 45 degree angle? Hmmm maybe ill go watch mtv and see what people on there are doing. lol
Quote by Lil Macker

/gansta talk

i sprayed a bunch of skate logos onto mine.
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
i laminate and put concert tickets on my case...

problem is most of the tickets i buy online and printed out so theyre not interesting
try spray paint stencils on it (^_^)

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
I'm uncool for having a soft case aren't I? I like it though, it has back pack straps and is easy to carry around over my shoulder with out accidentally swinging it into things.

I Like the idea of spray painting a stencil of your name. White or grey would be good.