Im modding my jackson js20 and need some new pickups, the obvious choice is to get
emgs or seymour duncans but that would cost me like £150-£200, i was wondering if they are any good respectable pickups that are a bit cheaper??
duncan JB/59' combo you can got at guitar center for 130 bucks. im not sure its a 59, it might be a jazz, but anyway they're good pickups
thanks ill check em out

Quote by Ghold125
1) what don't you like about your tone
2) what amp you got going?

they are really bad for harmonics, they are stock pickups from a js20 which is a beginner model so they arent that great. and ive only got a lil practice marshall amp at the moment but ive played it on a big tube amp and it wasnt great on that either.
If you're gonna put money into a pickup swap, why don't you buy ones that you will never need to change again? I mean if you're gonna buy budget pickups that you won't be 100% satisfyed with just because you was too stingy the last time, you'll need to upgrade sometime later again, and that will just be more expensive.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Or, as almost everyone here will tell you - save the money and buy a nicer amp.

Regardless of how much difference you thought that 'big tube amp' made, it will have made more of a sound difference than changing pickups and keeping your (ss) marshall practice amp
Adam
your in the uk and not considering swineshead??

check em out
ive heard very good things
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
amp > guitar > pickups
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Quote by P.L.U.C.K
Im modding my jackson js20 and need some new pickups, the obvious choice is to get
emgs or seymour duncans but that would cost me like £150-£200, i was wondering if they are any good respectable pickups that are a bit cheaper??

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

Though I'd highly recommend upgrading your amp first, even if it's just to a better solid state amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Save up for an amp, pickups aren't going to make any difference.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by damm_punks
your in the uk and not considering swineshead??

check em out
ive heard very good things

+1

swineshead are nicer than any duncans or dimarzios i've tried (i haven't tried them all) and are only 2/3 the price (based on UK prices).

I have a set, and they kick ass.

new amp would also be worth considering as a priority, as has already been said.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?