Page 1 of 2
hey
right hear is the deal
my guitarest in our band isnt talking to me because he found out i LIKED his ex girl friend, i didnt do anyting with her, and he knows that, he also knows that i was gonna come ask him about it but he found out before hand. Aprently this is just what has pushed him over the edge cause i have been annoying him a bit for a while over little things WHICH HE NEVER MENTIONED!
I tryed to call him one day to talk about it to him and he wouldnt answer, and then sent me a text saying " i know and im not cooll about it ect. you are a tit" basicly
and since then everyone i have asked about it, all our mates, have said just to leave him for a while.
But now its been a month, our exams are over so he isnt stressed, but yet he wont say a word to me. he had a meeting with the otehr two band members and basicly said he couldnt forgive me ( this is for having a crush on his EX girlfriend, who he HATES! even tho i dont like her anymore at all, she is a bitch. and because i annoyed him ) even tho i have said sorry a million times and i reli mean it he said he is considering splitting up the band now, which is causing our singer majorr stress, our bassest ( his best ever friend) is pretty devasted, and we have manged to score our first gig in august, but now may not be able to play it with out practise. all our mates are saying they are bored of it, but reli annoyed cause they cant hang out with both of us and that he is just being him, but he doesnt seem to be getting over it AT ALL

What should i do? Is he going over the top? i duno, never been in his postion before so cant reli understand it.
Any tips on getting hiim to talk to me? and advice at all please this is very important! he is a great guitarest was an amzing friend and its all just gone weirdly rong, and i dont know why he is acting this extremly. He also wont hear my side of the story, and all our mates are scared to ever argue with him, but he doesnt know this, just thinks tehy do

thanks guys, all help appreciated
GUITARIST...BASSIST

errrmm... well do you wanna be in a band with an immature asshole as a guitarist?
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

man you have the same problem as me

just get a new guitarist preferably one you or somebody else knows
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
I agree, eat him

that should make him like you again! :P
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
ok just to clarify there is no option of getting a new guitarest, its either him or no band, just teh situation, he write all the songs ( i no not how it should be done but it works for us) so with out him we would ave to start a fresh, and we have done alot of work, plus we sound awsome, getting a new guitarest isnt an option, the band works well cause of who is in it, or did
He shouldn't be pissed at you. He probably sucks at guitar anyways, get another guitarist.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. In my professional opinion, you should eat him.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by Atreideslegend
....and u spend time with these morons?

i do cause they are my btes friends. base non how well i know him ( worse out of the three in the band tbh tho) i would of thought he would just be liek " nah i dont want u going out., biut thanks for asking" and then when i was cool with that he would be happy i was atchally being loyal
or he would just be liek " yeh thats cool, she is a bitch imo i dont want u to get hurt or nothing"

but no its " i hate u, u are scum, how can u do this?"
Kick him the **** out, he's being a dick. Honestly I'd hate to be in a band with someone like that.
For friggin noodles sake. Noodles and Poodles. Oodles and Poodles of Noodles.

Right. That was unnecessary.

Why don't you talk it out with him, if he wants to go on being diva, tell him that he's a complete dickhead and that he should probably get a grip.
Quote by manwithplan
i do cause they are my btes friends. base non how well i know him ( worse out of the three in the band tbh tho) i would of thought he would just be liek " nah i dont want u going out., biut thanks for asking" and then when i was cool with that he would be happy i was atchally being loyal
or he would just be liek " yeh thats cool, she is a bitch imo i dont want u to get hurt or nothing"

but no its " i hate u, u are scum, how can u do this?"

Has it occured to you that he doesn't really hate his exgirlfriend and that the way he acts towards her is a facade?
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

I say you kick him out . . . but then 2 years he might make a new album called "Killing is my business . . . and business is good" and you two would hate each other for you entire careers.
hehe....you said he called you a tit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
lmao are you guys like in middle school or something?

"OH NO HE LIKES MY EX"

notice the word ex.. they're threw and you didn't do anything but like her, what the hell.

little immature kids lulz.

btw it's guitarist not guitarest.
that proves you are in middle school.
hmm yeh he is being pretty stupid and selffish then is the general opinion then?
yeh i cant taslk it out with him cause he physicaly wont go near me, and wont pick up the phone when i call

and stop suggesting kicking him out, wont work, its either we stay to get and make up, or just stay together at lleast and he and me can just leave it atm or no band at all, and i reli dont want no band at all, we all know he is messed up, but we accept him for being a freak alot of the time and being an ass, why cant he be fine with me?
Quote by Time Seller
Eat him.

Also.

Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
wow, im going to agree with most people on here....... eat the idiot.
and if he continues to be a right pain in the royal behind. just ignore him and carry on your life, friends come and go, just find a new one. and as for a guitarist find a new one
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
Quote by TechnicolorType

"OH NO HE LIKES MY EX"

notice the word ex.. they're threw and you didn't do anything but like her, what the hell.

hmmmm i no being a bit over the top. i mean they went out for two years, and then she dumped him,. but even if he still likes her, i mean he could just be like " nah i atchally still like her ( or what ever reason) i dont want you going out"
Quote by manwithplan
hmm yeh he is being pretty stupid and selffish then is the general opinion then?
yeh i cant taslk it out with him cause he physicaly wont go near me, and wont pick up the phone when i call

and stop suggesting kicking him out, wont work, its either we stay to get and make up, or just stay together at lleast and he and me can just leave it atm or no band at all, and i reli dont want no band at all, we all know he is messed up, but we accept him for being a freak alot of the time and being an ass, why cant he be fine with me?

In that case kick him out.

seriously there's no way to solve this until his balls drop and he gets a bit more mature.. right now he's doing something an 8 year old would.

all you had was an innocent crush.. maybe if you tried something on her.. even then they are threw..
Quote by umbrellacorp
Has it occured to you that he doesn't really hate his exgirlfriend and that the way he acts towards her is a facade?

exactly, he probably feels he can't trust you. Because hes probably gonna hook back up with her at sometime, or try at least.

Time heals all wounds though, sometimes a long amount of time is needed.
Quote by Luizza69
I say you kick him out . . . but then 2 years he might make a new album called "Killing is my business . . . and business is good" and you two would hate each other for you entire careers.

Megadeth/Metallica feud FTW!
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
also you could just get jiggy with his ex then he can have a genuine excuse to hate you. anyone else have the same thought??
Quote by GnR_ROK
Words for describing the ladies subtly

Damage - bit of alright
Major damage - bloody fit
Damage has been done - older fit bird
minor damage - fit but you would be arrested for it
collateral damage - ugly bird with fit mates
he prolly never actually hated her...i have been in his shoes before. not to that extent though...you just need to talk to him one on one. not over the phone, or text, or myspace. in person. it sounds like if u lose him u lose the bassist too. so all u really can do to try to save your band is talk to him in person. if he wont accepet ur apology then its prolly a lost cause and u will need a new guitarist and prolly bassist(since they are best friends)
Quote by TechnicolorType

"OH NO HE LIKES MY EX"

I could spell "guitarist" when I was right out of the womb.
My first word was "Stwatacasta"
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
So to sum it up its possible his reaction was caused because he still likes her. The solution is to talk to him in person.
other possible solutions:
rape
eat him
kick him out of band
*end thread*
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

You sound like a really needy person. Just leave him alone for a while.

And if he splits the band...just get everyone in your former band, and make a new one. But get a new guitarIST of course.
But he is the most guitar of everyone in your band...
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Is a guitarest the thing you rest your guitar on? I was quite puzzled about that.....

Either way, eat him
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Get rid of him. Honsetly, you are young, you dont have to keep an asshole in your band anyway. There are plenty of songwriters out there, or better yet, write your own songs!

Heed my advice, young one, for it is the truth.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
The situation here is obvious, but non of you dinks can see. What's going on here isn't a matter of him not liking you and his ex doin the buttsec, but somthing you clearly can't see. Sit down with him, and have a ****ing discussion about why the **** this little ditty meant so much to him, and if no real answer, you have a much bigger problem then a pissed of guitarist. I know, i'm a bassist!
Quote by young one
The situation here is obvious, but non of you dinks can see. What's going on here isn't a matter of him not liking you and his ex doin the buttsec, but somthing you clearly can't see. Sit down with him, and have a ****ing discussion about why the **** this little ditty meant so much to him, and if no real answer, you have a much bigger problem then a pissed of guitarist. I know, i'm a bassist!

Congratulations, you just pointed out what everyone already knows.

And how would your being a bassist mean anything at all?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Page 1 of 2