So I got it, before I can really enjoy it I need to do some work to it like I need a new bridge, I know that but I don't know what bridge I need to buy. I know where the bridge goes because there is two screwholes that indicate where it was:

I'm not sure if I need a new nut, because the strings won't stay in place, but I am also thinking its the lack of the bridge too so I don't know.

Finally, The Pick up isn't responding well because of a connection problem and I just need to solder it, but what should the temperature be for the soldering iron?

Thank you guys very much for any help or advice you guys may have.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
the temp of the soldering iron depends on the type of solder your going to use. Just make sure its something like a lead-resin mix...nothing acid based
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
my soldering irons 25 watts i dunno how hot it is but it does the job, id try a string though bridge should be okay i guess

edit: whats the guitar might give us a clue?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
my soldering irons 25 watts i dunno how hot it is but it does the job, id try a string though bridge should be okay i guess

edit: whats the guitar might give us a clue?

I'll get a 25 watt one and for the bridge I was thinking maybe a tune o matic bridge, it looks like it could be a tune o matic bridge but I dunno.

The guitar maybe a teisco, because someone in the thread i posted asking what brand it was said it may be a teisco because it fits the description of:

Brand in the 60s
There is no logo on the headstock and they usually glued a peice on the headstock for the logo which would fall off

and I got the guitar and there was these 2 holes that indicated that could of been where the logo was on the headstock.

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
Last edited by The_lizard_king at Jun 7, 2008,
i think it had a t-o-m with something like a bigsby for a tail peice
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
i think it had a t-o- with something like a bigsby for a tail peice

ok, Thank you very much. I wouldn't need a new nut right? The strings wouldn't stay down but that was probably because of the lack of bridge right? Well thank you for everyone's advice.

Quote by pepsi1187
it doesnt have the 2 sleeves in the body for a TOM bridge. Stewmac makes another style TOM bridge that sits on a piece of wood thats attached to the body might want to look at one of those.
Quote by Tackleberry
it doesnt have the 2 sleeves in the body for a TOM bridge. Stewmac makes another style TOM bridge that sits on a piece of wood thats attached to the body might want to look at one of those.

would that be in the style of bridge i need or is that still a standard tune o matic?

Quote by pepsi1187
heh if you look on that page, i have a black goya rangemaster like that... what an ugly guitar...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by The_lizard_king

would that be in the style of bridge i need or is that still a standard tune o matic?

No, that's a wrap around. He means THIS . I, myself though would use a standard hartail strat bridge. It just screws on with several holes...
I have a Teisco from the 60's.... I will post what kind of bridge i have if you'd like... it's a strat style though... not sure... I will look.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
What ever bridge was on it didnt look like it had any screws holding it down. So you would need one of the hardtail topload bridges. The hardtail would need holes drilled. The orange guitar you have a pic of has the sleeves installed in the body for studs to mount a bridge. You could use one of these but I dont know if your guitar has a neck angle. The stud mount bridges sit up a bit and you wouldnt be able to lower the action. Same would go with a regular TOM bridge unless it was recessed into the body. After thinking about it the archtop surface mount bridge wont work as it sits up pretty high to. So the easiest will be a strat style hard tail. One with top load so you dont need to drill holes thru the body for the strings.
yep, just get the one I linked earlier, I did a controlled experiment with different types of bridges where I tested the sustain (all strat style bridges) one was a trem one was a string through hard tail one was that guitar fetish one. The difference of sustain between the guitar fetish bridge and a gotoh bridge was so minor that you wouldn't be able to tell in your playing.
it looks pretty cool, it reminds me of those new italia guitars that got reissued recently.
I wonder if its an old one of those. it does look like a duo sonic as well, has that early 80s fender look. Like a bullet for example.

I dont think its a tiesco.
Quote by Entrant_21
its a 6 string bridge though? look closer :P

Oh, sorry. On the back image the screws and strings look extremely similar