I was just curious if any owners of the boss od-20 had any things to say good or bad. i was considering selling all my drive/dist pedals and getting this because it has a lot of pedal settings, a lot i would love to have but i cant afford 20 pedals.

the pedals i have im most concerned about losing are my big muff and metal muff. would the od-20 do those pedals justice, or should i stick with my current rig? or just sell one and save up and get it to replace the rest? if so, which one does it not do so well? thanks a lot all.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I think the Muffs (tee hee!) would be better than the OD20.

But, what sounds do you want? That's more important.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
the main reason im looking at this pedal is because i like having variety. im not in a band or anything so im not hunting for the be-all sound, i like to dable. the most important sound to me right now is the big muff on half distortion and full tone (if u have a muff (tee-hee) ull kno what i mean. but i like to have that nasty distortion too to mess around with some newer rock and metal.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
I have an OD-20 and used it for about two years, to the point where I was quite satisfied with the sounds I was getting from it. I thought I had a really good blues, metal and rock tone out of it. Then by chance I got a ToneBone Hot British pedal at a really good price and started messing around with it. Now I have the ToneBone set where I want it, and I manipulate the tone and volume controls on my guitars to acquire the sounds I want. I find that even though I can get more appropriate sounds (extreme high and low gain levels) out of the OD-20, everything sounds better through the ToneBone.

So if I were you, I'd keep the pedals I already had then would expand on them. The OD-20 is more versatile, but it just doesn't match the articulation of a higher end, more dedicated product (especially not a ToneBone).
Quote by tanman
I have an OD-20 and used it for about two years, to the point where I was quite satisfied with the sounds I was getting from it. I thought I had a really good blues, metal and rock tone out of it. Then by chance I got a ToneBone Hot British pedal at a really good price and started messing around with it. Now I have the ToneBone set where I want it, and I manipulate the tone and volume controls on my guitars to acquire the sounds I want. I find that even though I can get more appropriate sounds (extreme high and low gain levels) out of the OD-20, everything sounds better through the ToneBone.

So if I were you, I'd keep the pedals I already had then would expand on them. The OD-20 is more versatile, but it just doesn't match the articulation of a higher end, more dedicated product (especially not a ToneBone).

thats the main reason im not running out and buying one right away. but i am on an extremely tight budget and having all those options would be great, but only if they sounded good (by good i mean, close to what their modeled after), u kno.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Yeah man if I were you I'd still shy away from the OD-20. Instead, spend time trying high end distortion pedals until you find one versatile enough to suit the needs you want. I have learned to produce a variety of sounds with just one setting on the ToneBone. A good pedal should allow you to do that.

Keep in mind, the OD-20 isn't exactly cheap. Paying a substantial amount for 22 mediocre effects is not on par with paying a similar amount for one really good effect, in my opinion.
I've got an OD-20. It's everything you're looking for. I bought it for the very same reasons. However, now that I've figured out what sounds I like I'm looking for a more a specific pedal.

You can have mine for $100 if you want it!