is there like a complete idiots book for music theory that anyone knows about. or internet column or anything. For example, if you've taken a music theory 1 class or something like that, can you tell me what book you used?
Quote by SpeedLives
is there like a complete idiots book for music theory that anyone knows about. or internet column or anything. For example, if you've taken a music theory 1 class or something like that, can you tell me what book you used?

Exactly that book, actually. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory is a book I always recommend, I used it when I began learning theory about a year or so ago and it's great. You can find it on Amazon or at any chain bookseller.
www.musictheory.net is a great study tool. Check it out, it will get you the basics and well prepared for a beginners class.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.
i just signed up for some basic lessons at the Conservatory of Music and after we worked on 7th chords and major/minor scales and crap we moved on to theory. my advice is to sign up for some private lessons.
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.