Page 1 of 2
at the same time, like the majority of friends i have cant play and sing together, half of them cant even keep time properly.

i find it easy, maybe its because ive had other instrument experience (6 month experience on guitar)
that is incredibly hard to do
if the song is anything more than simple chord progressions i cant
youre very lucky
I can with simple songs (not much of a singer though), but I wouldn't have a hope of doing it with an Eric Johnson song like Trail of Tears.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
i can't sing at all
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Well..I can't sing for all the money in the world, so I just have to pose and write proggy epics to make up for it
I do it all the time, but I'm Rhythm Guitarist and Lead Singer. You'll notice UG is full of Lead guitarists. Hey, has anyone made a group for Rhythm Guitarists? That would be cool.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I can play and sing, but not as well I'd like to.

I'd love to be able to play a lead, and sing over it fine

Maybe something to work on.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Quote by philipisabeast
Well..I can't sing for all the money in the world, so I just have to pose and write proggy epics to make up for it

you wouldnt happen to be neil peart, would you?
Quote by elekguit
Hey, has anyone made a group for Rhythm Guitarists? That would be cool.

And if there isn't, can guitarists join that are actually the lead, but more or less play rhythm anyway
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Singing over a simple rhythm part shouldn't be a problem.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Im teaching myself to sing right now. Funnily enough I find playing and singing easy its the actual singing itself that's hard for me.
I can easily. its just always been easy for me to learn a song then instantly be able to sing along while playing it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I can sing pretty well over simple lead riffs, like most stuff by the black keys and the white stripes.
Quote by Pure_Morning
And if there isn't, can guitarists join that are actually the lead, but more or less play rhythm anyway

Lol, let the group maker decide. I would but I'm a n00b. I have no idea how to do this stuff.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I've been singing and playing at the same time since the day I picked up the guitar, so I find it pretty easy. But I know a lot of people who have trouble with it.
i can
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
its ****ing hard.... most of the time you end up not knowing each one well enough to do both, so they sound half-ass
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
I can sing and play lead/rhythm. I've been trying to do more singing, due to my band getting rid of our lead singer. I want to take over on vocals, but I'm having trouble singing over riffs, i'm slowly getting better though. People use to think I was a horrible singer, but my voice has came along in the past year.
I do it all the time when I practice Ensiferum tunes.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
yea i can even do black and death metal growling and screaming but it diffucult while playing guitar. espically if your doing something hard to play in the first place
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
A real challenge is playing and singing The fall of troy stuff.
But yeah i can play and sing its not hard
i wish i can i tried so hard...if its a song i wrote the singing and guitar do very similar things rhythm wise...and that gets boring really fast to have 2 or more songs do that...plus my guiatr playing as improved alot over time and i like to write riff that have little more life to it
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
I love writing lyrics and riffs together, so depending on how close in timing they are I can or can't do it
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
I dunno, I can do it pretty well.
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
It always was hard for me. I have a pretty decent voice so it would be kinda "cool" to play and sing at the same time but sadly i can' t.
i feel like a loser i cant even sing the "o" part in TNT while playing. I dont know how people do it. Must be a born talent
Yeah I can do it. I can only really sing though when I've got monitor speakers. It lets me keep my voice in check, so I can hear if I'm in tune.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
songs like nothing else matter are easy
but if i try something like master of puppets i´m not even close XD
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
yeah i mean, like im thinking it either comes easy to you or its pretty hard.

hahah im one of the lucky ones. because i know one of my friends been playing piano for 10 years and jsut reently transitioned to guitar around the same time i did. and im actually catching on quite well.

i didnt post this thread to brag about myself, but i jsut wanted to see how i stood among the other players, in the 6 month range.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SQkYNXWXRzk

thats one of the song i can play and sing at the same time. and some people are like 0__0 wtf how do you do that. it jsut comes easy

hopefully i have some natural talent

I can do metal growls/screams (like harmonizing) to songs but It all falls to **** if I try and actually sing whole song so I leave it to my bands singer q=
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I tried for the first time last night.....and for some reason it was damn easy

I really dont know though, I guess it comes easier to some people than others....

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by josephcoolness
at the same time, like the majority of friends i have cant play and sing together, half of them cant even keep time properly.

i find it easy, maybe its because ive had other instrument experience (6 month experience on guitar)

What...you want a cookie or something?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If I could actually sing....
The only purpose I have vocal wise is doing grunts.
For the rest I just play t3h leadz.
Master of Puppets, my first and only song that I can sing and play simultaneously.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I can, took me awhile to get it down but one day it just clicked, obviously I would have to practice it a lot if the song is technically difficult, but nowadays I mostly play my own stuff anyway and have a much easier time with it than I do with covers.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I struggled with it for quite a while. One day I was playing Knocking on Heaven's Door, and I found out I could pick it and sing it quite easily. It's not too hard, but I was kinda proud of myself.
All your base are belong to us.
i can sing and play a pretty decent guitar over it but when i try singing and playing bass i loose my timing hardcore idk mabey i just need practice more...
Page 1 of 2