i have a mim strat with the factory pickups in it. if i put new ones in would i hear a noticeable difference? if so, which would be good ones to get. i play bluesy rock and gn'r type stuff, if that makes a difference.
MIM Strats tend to have a reputation for being noisier than their American counterparts. Perhaps getting the American Fender pups would help?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
It would make a noticable difference but don't expect any big changes. If you want to change your sound, you should save up for a new amp.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
i have a crate v30 amp that sounds pretty good i think, i'll have to check out the american strat pickups
If you want a really nice distortion I'ed try the Dimarzio YJM's, but that'll cost a bitch...
Get off my lawn!
It is an HSS or SSS (or other?)?

You know, GFS pickups are affordable and will improve your sound a good amount (unless you have a crap amp).
Duncans and more expensive brands like that are better, but more expensive (duh).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yjm's are those the yngwie ones? i bet those are boss. its a SSS. i'll have to check out both the ones you guys are talkin about. i;m sure musicians friend sells them. my local shop doesnt have much to choose from
www.rockmonkeyguitars.com
couldn't be happier with those pickups. i've got a mim strat also and the difference to the stock pickups is like day and night.
Guitars:

Fender Mexican HSS Strat (Sunburst, Maple Neck)
- /w custom handwound John Mayer pickups - thx cord!

Amp:
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 Combo (practice amp)
Fender '73 Twin Reverb (main amp)

boss bd-2 (keeley modded)
Quote by darkarbiter7
It is an HSS or SSS (or other?)?

You know, GFS pickups are affordable and will improve your sound a good amount (unless you have a crap amp).
Duncans and more expensive brands like that are better, but more expensive (duh).

Amen! A set of GFS singles runs $40-$80, and is almost as notable an improvement as a full set of Duncan or DiMarzio singles.