Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering what people's opinions are on the new wave of modern metalcore and deathcore were. Is it the savior of metal music or not. I have my opinion, and I was just wondering what others had to say about it.
**** off core n00b

can I bee in da cul metalz groop now mangs
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
Why do you care? Would your fragile confidence be shatterred at the thought of hundreds, perhaps thousands of people disagreeing with you about a music genre? Or maybe the other way around?

WHY DO YOU CARE?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Metal is the saviour of metalcore.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
**** genre.

Most of it sounds the same, and the fans a horrible (ie: the ones who think its 'True, ****in metal, maaannnnnn!').

Note: In reference to metalcore/deathcore.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by Burning_Angel
**** genre.

Most of it sounds the same, and the fans a horrible (ie: the ones who think its 'True, ****in metal, maaannnnnn!').

Most of it sounds the same? Are you deaf? Take a listen to Blind Guardian then take a listen to Nile.
Quote by |Marco|
Most of it sounds the same? Are you deaf? Take a listen to Blind Guardian then take a listen to Nile.

+1

as for the new stuff, most of it is really watered down and generic, but it's probably what this generation will be remembered for in terms of heavy music, at least in the mainstream, theres plenty of really killer non-mainstream metal out there.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
More like mehtalcore olololol.

Not all modern metal is of the core variety.

I don't mind some of it, I just find some of the more generic stuff to be boring. The same rule applies to "tr00" metal.

It's not metal's savior as metal is in no need of salvation. It's not metal's downfall, because there are plenty of great bands to combat any poor core band.

Darkest Hour and All That Remains are both pretty good at times.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Last edited by BringMeTheCalm at Jun 7, 2008,
"Core is gay"

"STFU, stop dissin mah music dawg"

"**** yo trends bitch"

"Insert argument to the validity of my poor downtrodden genre"

"genres r ghey d00d"

"SMARTARSE COMMENT IN UPPER CASE"

"lolgay"

An indication of whats to come.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
VampireGoldfish, you never seem to stop. You always have the funniest pictures that perfectly fit the thread. For that, I applaud you.
Quote by |Marco|
VampireGoldfish, you never seem to stop. You always have the funniest pictures that perfectly fit the thread. For that, I applaud you.

Absolutely. Kudos VG, Kudos.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by |Marco|

In reference to Metalcore/Deathcore, as he specified.

Read, sir.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Quote by puremetalhead
I was just wondering what people's opinions are on the new wave of modern metalcore and deathcore were. Is it the savior of metal music or not. I have my opinion, and I was just wondering what others had to say about it.

I don't get it. What is so wrong with reading the forum rules? Why does it seem like it's an impossibility?!
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Burning_Angel

Read, sir.

Your post was incredibly vague.
Quote by Burning_Angel

Read, sir.

Phew, I was wondering because I've seen you post in here a lot.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
there is alot other modern metal bands that aremt metalcore or deathcore, like bands from the Melodic Death metal style.
And by the way metalcore and deathcore arent consider metal at all.
Here there is some modern great bands:
Scar Symmetry
Blinded Colony
Eluveitie
Insomnium
Mors Principium Est
as i lay dying
Quote by dead-fish
Why do you care? Would your fragile confidence be shatterred at the thought of hundreds, perhaps thousands of people disagreeing with you about a music genre? Or maybe the other way around?

WHY DO YOU CARE?

Well put.

Quote by Azorian
there is alot other modern metal bands that aremt metalcore or deathcore, like bands from the Melodic Death metal style.
And by the way metalcore and deathcore arent consider metal at all.
Here there is some modern great bands:
Scar Symmetry
Blinded Colony
Eluveitie
Insomnium
Mors Principium Est
as i lay dying

wut
Last edited by Stoner0405 at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by Stoner0405
Well put.

wut

Exactly.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by |Marco|
Your post was incredibly vague.

Eh. I suppose. I'll have to fix that .

I like some modern melodic death, among others, ie: Mors Principium Est, Satariel, Omnium Gatherum, Insomnium, etc...
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
In a way it's a savior... he who is interested in metalcore is bound to check more metal, starting from melodeath and ending up where the brutality is just too high.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by sleepwalker16
In a way it's a savior... he who is interested in metalcore is bound to check more metal, starting from melodeath and ending up where the brutality is just too high.

Metal does not need a "savior" to begin with.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
This is just like people saying Pantera saved metal in the 90s. Well it didn't. Anyone who says that hasn't heard of death or black metal. Just like anyone who thinks metalcore saved metal doesn't know what metal is
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Core > Metal

For serious.

Sure...

New "metal" as the mainstream calls it is absolutely horrid excuses for metal. While it may still be good music, the fact that people call it metal is...just...stupid. Referring to bands like: All That Remains, KsE, A7X, etc.

New metal as we call it, is doing fairly well. Referring to bands that are not like above bands.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
That's funny because my favorite bands on earth are DEATH, TESTAMENT, MALEVOLENT CREATION, MORBID ANGEL, OVERKILL, EXODUS, and so on..... But thank you for reaffirming my opinion. Yes, that is the response I was hoping for. Keep it TRUE metal!!!
Good taste
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by puremetalhead
That's funny because my favorite bands on earth are DEATH, TESTAMENT, MALEVOLENT CREATION, MORBID ANGEL, OVERKILL, EXODUS, and so on..... But thank you for reaffirming my opinion. Yes, that is the response I was hoping for. Keep it TRUE metal!!!

Somehow, that made me think you were dumber than my original core obsessed impression. people who turn music into battle lines and try and rattle up people on the internet (or whatever the **** you were just doing) are idiots.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Real metal is getting more and more popular, and IMO you do have to give metalcore credit for that. Hell, if you watch Headbanger's Ball now there's a lot more metal on there, whereas before it was almost completely hardcore and metalcore with the occasional Amon Amarth video. Whether this newfound popularity is a good thing or a bad thing is debatable.

As for "saving" metal, it was doing fine as an underground scene before metalcore came along. So, no.
i hate listening to core, but i used to like it, and it does provide the transition between pop/punk/other music to true metal for a lot of people, so i guess i'd call it metal's helper (cause metal doesn't need to be saved)
Page 1 of 2