Hey guys

I have a Strat with texas specials. When I solo, everytime i go to the high E string, my volume comes noticeably down. I think it is the pickup height ut i cant find a good height for it...Any suggestions? I read the stuff at fender but still, i hear a lil differrence. is taht normal?
Thanks
for the high e string, fret it at the last fret, then adjust the pickup so there is a 1/16" space between it and the string.

i think that is the ideal height.
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
Quote by Asharpminor
Hey guys

I have a Strat with texas specials. When I solo, everytime i go to the high E string, my volume comes noticeably down. I think it is the pickup height ut i cant find a good height for it...Any suggestions? I read the stuff at fender but still, i hear a lil differrence. is taht normal?
Thanks

This happens with my Tele a lot, with my it's that the saddle for that string has come loose and is falling down. Have you tried looking at that?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Take it in for a setup.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I have kind of the same problem, but with the B string aswell. The pole pieces are staggered so that these two strings are considerably lower, dunno if that has anything to do with it. But it can get annoying when you're soloing and they don't have the same sustain and fluidity as the other strings. When I switch to the humbucker the sustain is back.