i hear people say "he will be dead within a week when he goes to jail" if the person is like a Pedo / rapist / torturer (like in that other thread)
but how do the other convicts know about what other people are in there for, surely to stop fights, the prison wards could just not let them see the news or read the papers?

so how do prisoners know who to get while in jail?
They know whats going on, if its something like the Ian Huntly Doo daa, which was massive news, people in prison are not going to be completely oblivious to it
----
there are tvs aren't there?

so they WOULD be able to see the news. think about it, if they didn't get to watch the news, they would be completely lost when they got out of jail. same with papers.

EDIT: and they would hear things from people visiting them.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
newspapers?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
They play eeny meenie miney moe to decide who dies.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I hate to go against all of the sadists in here, but there isn't a 100 percent chance anyone is going to be raped in prison or even hurt. I think a lot of people here have some sick fantasies they will get over when their balls grow hair.
Louis theroux did a documentary on jails one time.

They separate all the rapists out from the murderers etc, because they know they'll get owned.
There get the news in jail, they arent kept oblivious.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
someone could find out before getting sent to jail?
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
Quote by the critic
I hate to go against all of the sadists in here, but there isn't a 100 percent chance anyone is going to be raped in prison or even hurt. I think a lot of people here have some sick fantasies they will get over when their balls grow hair.

lol wut?

There isn't 100% chance of very much happening my friend.
But it is quite high....remember, even convicts hate child killers
----
You can't block anyone off from the news (atleast in the US) I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
telepathy, obviously...
Quote by ledhead67
Dammit, satyphan, you just shat over all my hopes and dreams.
A lot of times, they'll ask the new inmate what they're in for. If they give them a false answer, and they find out later it was false, they'll be in more shit than they were before.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Dudududa
lol wut?

There isn't 100% chance of very much happening my friend.
But it is quite high....remember, even convicts hate child killers

Uh no, because a good portion of convicts in a prison like this guy talked about in the other thread are in there for similar crimes. That guy will not go to San Quentin (Large gang prison), he will go to a more high security prison.
Quote by the critic
like this guy talked about in the other thread

Oook, thats real helpful....
----
Most prisons have atleast one public TV and they get to read newspapers too.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
don't criminals with crimes such as child molestation and the like, get segrated for thier own saftey. I saw it on a documentary of american prisons, all the prison gang dropouts, snitches and pedophiles are kept seperate from everyone else for thier own saftey.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Alot of times though if they know this person is gonna be harmed by other prisoners they'll put em in a seperate cell. Like Dog (the bounty hunter) and Nick Hogan.
Quote by flipthatchicken
i hear people say "he will be dead within a week when he goes to jail" if the person is like a Pedo / rapist / torturer (like in that other thread)
but how do the other convicts know about what other people are in there for, surely to stop fights, the prison wards could just not let them see the news or read the papers?

Who cares? Pedos deserve it anyways. When you violate the "code of honor" of a freaking prisoner, you deserve to become everyone's bitch in the big house.
Quote by Aussieloco
Alot of times though if they know this person is gonna be harmed by other prisoners they'll put em in a seperate cell. Like Dog (the bounty hunter) and Nick Hogan.

What did they do? Just curious.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
What did they do? Just curious.

Nick Hogan drove drunk and street raced flipped the car and put his friend in a coma. I can't remember exactly what Dog did but it had something to do with a guy in Mexico. Though Dog's wanted because he put most of these guys in prison, Nick's underage so they have to put him in solitary confinement.
Quote by flipthatchicken

Sometimes screws will tell another inmate what the Crime is. And watch for his own sadistic pleasure.

Dog the bounty hunter killed a man and was in prison. The Mexicans want him because he arrested a Rapist in Mexico and brought him back to the USA without a license. Hence they want him for Kidknap.
you highly underestimate the intelligence of a lot of prisoners
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by black-sabbath
They play eeny meenie miney moe to decide who dies.

lol
two and a half men.
In the UK most prisons are just like a big community center of sorts with beds and timetables. The only difference being that they can't leave the premises. Some even get Sky TV in their rooms.
I found a website quiet some time ago of real prison folk and putting their comments on it etc.
I can't find it now..