Hi!My cousin plays bass and i want to offer her a distortion pedal.She want distortion like Sonic Youth,L7,Nirvana,Mudhoney.Please if you can help me i would apreciate.
I´m not sure about this but I think that they use Digitech´s bass driver pedal.
try an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff fuzz pedal .. that pedal will give your bass some balls
Quote by pepsi1187
try an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff fuzz pedal .. that pedal will give your bass some balls

Actually, it castrates your low end.

For an overdrive/distortion, I would recommend the Fulltone bass drive. Absolutely incredible.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Thanks for all your suggestions.i think i will stick with the Electro-Harmonix,but its too expensive
Get the Big Muff, also the ODB-3 sucks. I have one, it's the buzziest, most undefined distortion I have ever played. I use a Boss DS-1 and I'm getting a ProCo RAT. Krist from Nirvana use both of those. Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth used an Ibanez Tube Screamer btw.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Don't little to this punk kid above me

Get the BOss ODB-3 bass overdrive pedal.

I use it on a mild setting for one of my bands.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
agreed ^^ dont listen to punkrocker ODB-3 is the ****. Ive had mine for about a year and it works great. If its too "buzzy" and "undefined" for you its because your settings are ****. Boss ODB-3 is grade A
Personally, I have found the ODB-3 colours yout tone too much, and offers too little variety in overdrive tones.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Daymion
She wants extreme distortion,but maybe i will buy the ODB-3

Unless you are playing something like Nine Inch Nails you DO NOT need extreme bass distortion.

The boss will do nicely.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
If your looking for more of a dist pedal instead of a OD look the James LoMenzo Ashdown Bass Hyperdrive
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
http://www.bassplayer.com/article/overdrives/Dec-06/24670

A small sample of pretty much every bass distortion on the market at the time.

I would recommend trying them in person though. A distortion which isn't your personal flavour will make you regret the purchase.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Just as a random free opinion: too much distortion sucks. And I hate the NIN's (hides from rabid fans) for that reason. Well, and Trent's voice bugs me a little. He's versatile, but it just has this little tone I can't describe...ugh. Don't flame me, I'm entitled to dislike Trent,and I did compliment him, a little.
I like the ODB-3.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom