Bugger it... no second guitar... not new small valve amp or whatever. New guitar ! I have saved up about $ 500 and I plan to buy lefty guitar for 1100 dollars, or 550 pounds respectively... I play metal and this guitar will be to last longer I am currently intrested in ESP LTD EX-400 LH, Dean ML79L, Schecter Hellraiser V-1 LH and I don't want any Les Paul shape because I have one and it's fine with me and I don't want Floyd Rose. Which guitars I should consider ? Well, I know choice for lefties is limited And I will have to consider all the taxes and costs if I will buy it from USA...

ESP LTD EX-400 LH

Dean ML79 L

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 LH
I'd say the ESP. Those guitars are often built for Metal.

Y ya don't like Floyd Rose is beyond me tho.
being a fellow lefty, and owning an ibanez strat and les paul id say go for a dean or a v or possibly a warlock for metal, im actually looking into a v for myself
Quote by Metallist65
I'd say the ESP. Those guitars are often built for Metal.

Y ya don't like Floyd Rose is beyond me tho.

It's a bitch to maintain a Floyd Rose and to change tunings with one. I don't want one either on my next guitar.

Schecters are great guitars, but ESPs are good too. Have you tried playing any?
also a fellow lefty, i have a schecter hellraiser, so if the V were to feel the same at all, im sure you would be quite happy with it, and if not, then i'd say the ESP. dont go with the dean though, its a big uncomfortable guitar that in my opinion plays and sounds horrible.

the best options are definately between the schecter and the esp, and from my own personal preference, i'd lean towards the schecter
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
also because the schecter comes stock with EMGs, where as the other two have stock company pickups, which for metal=no deal
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Jackson DK2-L w/ Dimarzio X2N
Takamine acoustic

Bass:
Fender Precision Bass

Amp:
Marshall AVTX150H
Behringer BG412F
Marshall MG15MSII
Quote by SeventhSkull
also a fellow lefty, i have a schecter hellraiser, so if the V were to feel the same at all, im sure you would be quite happy with it, and if not, then i'd say the ESP. dont go with the dean though, its a big uncomfortable guitar that in my opinion plays and sounds horrible.

the best options are definately between the schecter and the esp, and from my own personal preference, i'd lean towards the schecter

Well, I seen the video where Paul from Guitar World tested Dean V79 and this guitar looked really too big for him I think the advantage of ESP and Schecter is they have EMG 89/60 pickup instead of 85.
Hey another lefty,

I must say esp and Schecter are very lefty friendly.

Personally the shape of the schecter V is horrid!

but hey if it plays like a hellraiser. You could also look into the blackjack ATX, i have one and totally dig it.

As for esp, they make most all of there models in lefty just cost a bit more then norm.

the alexi is a bit much for one pickup, though it is a blackout!
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Yeah, there are some ATXs with SD Black Outs, I hear they are much better than EMGs