'm finkin of buying a new guitar, an am in a punk/alternative rock band and I have a Jackson DK2 which is a pretty punk sound but its mainly a metal guitar as it has Floyd Rose Humbuckers soo.... I was just wondering can anybody suggest a propper punk guitar in the sound mainly, and also the look, the obvious answer is les paul, but thats so cliche nowadays. n e suggestions? cheerz x
Peanut
99% of the "punk" sound comes from the amp.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
First of all, *smack* that's for playin punk. (JK!) Anyway, I'd recommend a Gibson Les Paul. Expensive, so I don't often recommend em. But they are good for punk. I know cuz I had a friend who played punk almost exclusively.
everything from Teles to Les Pauls have been used for punk, and those are pretty much on complete opposite ends of the spectrum, so you can use pretty much whatever guitar you want as a "punk" guitar, so what kind of sound exactly are you looking for? and what exactly do you mean by punk?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
and what exactly do you mean by punk?

This is what I want to know.

And do you mean a Floyd Rose bridge?

Just about any guitar ever made can do punk just as well as any other guitar ever made.
you can use whatever you want.

there's no need to by a gibby if you want a LP, just go for an epi standard, or maybe the custom if yo insist. also single coils work well for punk so a strat would do the job beautifully, but Lamrick has the right idea so listen to him.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Absolutley anything. Play guitars and find one that fits.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Yeah good idea for a OFR, get an Edge |||, real good... i joke
/CENTER]
depends what kind of punk... but teles are generally great punk guitars
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Lamrick21
99% of the "punk" sound comes from the amp.

theres way more than one punk sound, and the tonal difference between say a Fender Tele and a Gibson ES-335 is going to be pretty big no matter what amp you use unless it's a modeling amp.

Last.fm
or with two-three single coils...

Joe Strummer kicked serious ass on a tele

Last.fm
Is there any particular punk or bands sound you want? TBH any guitar is good for punk.