good for rocking then? but i need "clear cleans" too, how about that?

they're better than the usual alnico classic humbuckers that come with most epiphones right?
They (and all Gibson products for that matter ) are a little on the overpriced side of things.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yeah what sound does "high output" or "low output" make, i have no idea?!
/CENTER]
Quote by pl0x

High Output = More Output.

Low Output = Less Output.

Think about it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by pl0x

High output - better overdrive, worse (or less) cleans
they do give pretty good cleans. I heard them on youtube - someone was showing off thier new epiphone prophecy with dirty fingers. have to say, they sounded pretty good.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
i just sold my '80 gibson dirty fingers pickup. It was a nice little pickup, great for heavy/crunchy overdrive tones, it could also add a unique element to cleans when paired with the right pickup. I would have kept it around, but all my guitars are going in the single coil direction.

i can't speak on the re-issues. I haven't even heard one.
Quote by Raziel123
are these pickups any good? any experience with them?

They are the only gibson pickup I like.

There are many companies that make pickup that are like the dirty fingers but the real dirty fingers are the only ones I've ever had my hands on that are any good. If thats the tone you are going for.

If you need cleans then these things are horrible. 2 sets of adjustable poles gives you a very grainy gritty sound. It's not that the clean tone doesn't sound good, it's that the clean tone doesn't sound clean. Even when your amp is clean it still sounds dirty.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jun 7, 2008,
Put it this way. Tom Delonge from Blink 182 used them. If you like the Blink 182 tone, I'm sure you could get it out of this pup.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Well AVA sucks... didn't want to plug them. I don't fallow the guy anymore to be honest.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
^All the best to ya. I'm happy with Coheed and Cambria. To stay on topic. Dirty Fingers are nice pups if you want that CERTAIN tone. I would call 'em VERY versatile.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
haha heres some clips of a dirty fingers in a gibson ES-335 plugged into a mesa boogie

distortion : http://youtube.com/watch?v=jI0atC6GC_k&feature=related
somewhat cleans(not the best u can get) : http://youtube.com/watch?v=-hmYsQDP9jU&feature=related
but of course you dont have to jugde these since blink has a reputation here on ultimateguitar
hm. are they more versatile than alnico classic? it's just that the SG prophecy costs 150euros more than the cheapest epi lp studio and 50 more than a epi lp standard, need to make sure i make the right choice.
the prophecy and elitist series are your best bet from epiphone.

the default epi alnico pickups are horrid, with are found in the studios, standards and customs. you'll be glad you made the extra investment.
Quote by one vision
They are very high output (hot). I think they're the hottest that Gibson makes, not sure.

the 500t and Tony Iommi are hotter, the 496R might also bebit i don't remember.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by haz_uk
the prophecy and elitist series are your best bet from epiphone.

the default epi alnico pickups are horrid, with are found in the studios, standards and customs. you'll be glad you made the extra investment.

the SG prophecy here costs 408, which is less than the Epi LP Standard plus-top. is the SG prophecy a good option in your opinion then?
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the 500t and Tony Iommi are hotter, the 496R might also bebit i don't remember.

The Tony Iommi one is not.

This is from the Gibson Website, thought you might find it interesting.

So the 500t and the dirty fingers are the hottest they make.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I want to hear a clip of someone using Dirty Fingers in something other than power chords. They sound awesome in all those blink clips, but I want a little diversity. I'm thinking about putting them in my Gibson Sonex. I need something to bring it back to life!