I just received a Boss OD-1 from my dad's friend, and I need help fixing it.

Apparently, the circuitry is absolutely fine, but the input jacks are pretty shoddy and the LED doesn't work.

So, the LED is less important, but it'd still be nice to fix. What I really need is figure out what sort of new input and output jacks I'll be needing. What works with Boss pedals? What doesn't? Would a few 1/4" jacks from Radioshack do the job? Or would I need something else? Furthermore, what would fit in a Boss pedal?

I'd really like to see what this thing sounds like, it may solve my overdrive needs if I can get it to work. Any and all help is appreciated, and needed.

Thank you ahead of time, I suppose.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I'm not sure but I'm gonna guess that the jacks are PCB mounted which would make replacing them pretty hard. Have you opened it up yet?
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
No the jacks aren't PCB mounted on boss pedals as a general rule.

You'd need pretty small jacks as it's pretty crowded in there. Marshall style nes may work out... let me check.

Yes... I THINK Marshall style would fit, but it'd be pretty tight and not easy to fit. Otherwise same as usual, stereo input, mono output.
I have. The PCB is loose from the rest of it, I was actually able to pull it out some and look at the components. I'm including a pic, if the filesize isn't too big. I'll have one by later tonight if nothing else.

It worked, picture is attached.
Attachments:
OD1 Pedal.jpg

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Pott
No the jacks aren't PCB mounted on boss pedals as a general rule.

You'd need pretty small jacks as it's pretty crowded in there. Marshall style nes may work out... let me check.

Yes... I THINK Marshall style would fit, but it'd be pretty tight and not easy to fit. Otherwise same as usual, stereo input, mono output.

Hm. where would I go about getting those Marshall jacks?

Or, maybe I have something that'll work already. The jacks in my Danelectro FAB pedals are pretty tiny, might they work? I don't mind tearing them up to fix this Boss.

Also, um, bump.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
maybe just resolder the jacks,instead of replacing them.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Well, yeah, it's worth trying I suppose.

Might do that today, not doing much else...

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay