I'm looking for a pedal that will give me a chug-ish metal sound, and wondering what would do this best. Right now i'm looking at the metal muff and distortus maximus, but feel free to recomend others. I'm trying to keep this around a c-note or less. Thanks.

Also:
Holy cheap chadwick batman!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-Finished-Krank-CHADWICK-50watt-PROTOTYPE-Head_W0QQitemZ260246601600QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
i own the metal muff and really its not that great i get better distortion off my Line 6 amp
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
What about a Rocktron Silver Dragon?

Or a BBE Crusher?

I don't like the Metal Muff - so I'd say try out those and the Krank.

edit: The Rocktron is about $140, but the Krank is $150? I bring it up because you say keep it under $100...

#2: I didn't like the MM because I thought it sounded thin, not what I think of for 'chug-ish' metal.
Last edited by guitar/bass76 at Jun 7, 2008,
I have a metal muff, and it definitely takes some tweaking to get the sound that you're looking for, be it chunky or buzzy or whatever, but I find it does a great job. I played a bunch of other pedals before buying it, and it killed 'em all, but I havn't tried distortus maximus, so maybe that one is better. All I can say is the metal muff probably won't disappoint when it comes to crunch.

EDIT: people are hating on the metal muff. dunno why. the above ^ is my opinion though.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Quote by Conor360
i own the metal muff and really its not that great i get better distortion off my Line 6 amp

Let me guess...

A spider III on the Insane channel?

A metal muff is an excellent, versatile pedal that is good not just for metal, but other genres as well.
I heard you don't get extreamly heavy distortion with the krank as u do with the metal muff. Its more of an overdrive pedal.
The Krank's probably better. The Metal Muff really doesn't get that chug.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
In general, I found Metal Muff really reminds you of Dimebag's Darrell's sound, even on the Blues Junior. But if it's the chug sound, then I Metal Muff may be unable to do that sound.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by freakzila85
I heard you don't get extreamly heavy distortion with the krank as u do with the metal muff. Its more of an overdrive pedal.

their overdrive pedal is the Krankshaft, the Distortus is all about distortion. Personally not a big fan of the metal muff.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids