So I've taken a basic musicmanship course and starting to read the extras in the music theory lesson here on UG. So I figured the next thing for me to learn is to train my ear.

So during a tutoring session for the course, this tutor gave me this awesome site.

http://musictheory.net/

Has an ear interval trainer, scale, chord, etc. I'm working on the interval trainer, but I'm having trouble making any progress. So I'm wondering how you guys learned to train your ear?

Thxs for any help.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail.....
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn.... We fucked up."
i learned piano for 8 years
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
I didnt learn at all.
i dont think its important, it will develop automaticalli tru the years you playing your instrument.
Practice, practice, practice. Even when you're not around your instrument, as long as you're familiar with scales, you can go over intervals and chords in your head.
Wish I knew of that site earlier. I just started transcribing stuff I couldn't find tabs for. One thing to remember, once you start training your ear you have to keep regularly practicing using your ear things, because like any other skill, it can diminish without use.

~Taydr~
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Quote by KRSplat
Practice, practice, practice. Even when you're not around your instrument, as long as you're familiar with scales, you can go over intervals and chords in your head.

that. and playing in a symphonic band or concert band helps a lot too. because that way you can see one part but then listen to the overall sound and see how the intervals work together.
Quote by HUNYeti
I didnt learn at all.
i dont think its important, it will develop automaticalli tru the years you playing your instrument.

yeah, but consciously trying to develop it will make it come a lot faster.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm