Hello, GG&A. I've been futzing around with my pedalboard for a while, without really finding a rendition that I really like. Here's what I have right now:

EXH Memory Man (Delay/Chorus) -> Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon (Wah) -> Boss PH-3 (Phaser) -> Ibanez Super Tube STL (80's 4 knob TS9) -> VSC Rude Mood (modded TS808) -> EXH Double Muff (Fuzz/messy OD). Ah, and a Fender PT-10 in there somewhere.

The wah I'd like to replace, mabye with a Vox, mabye with no wah at all. The Double Muff is neat, but I also have a black Sovtek Muff I'm adding a clean boost circuit to. Redundant? The PH-3 I might sell, as I only use it for the Step function, so it feels wasteful. I like my pair of Tubescreamers, so they'll stay, and the Memory Man deserves every inch of space it takes up.

So, where should I go from here? I play blues, funk, classic rock, and modern rock, with a Fender Super Twin (Twin Reverb, without the reverb, with a footswitchable 5 band active EQ). All advice is welcome!
does modern rock include muse?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Take a look at the Proco Turbo Ratt thats fairly kool
take a look at an EQ pedal aswell. Boss make a few neat ones!
If you want a wah, take a look at the Boss modelling wah. i havent used one yet but ive heard good things about them!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
I'm not a big wah fan, but I really like envelope filters - have you considered swapping your wah out for one? It'd probably only fit with one of your genres though - funk...

aside from that I guess I'd say drop the double muff for the modded Sovtek.

edit:
Quote by lorrythebassguy
If you want a wah, take a look at the Boss modelling wah. i havent used one yet but ive heard good things about them!

If you're talking about the Boss V-Wah, I really really don't recommend it; I owned it for a few months and just hated that thing. You'd be better off with a Vox. The different voicing were basically useless and it sounded too thin, not vocal enough. The gain function was really just a load of hiss. Avoid the V-Wah.
Last edited by guitar/bass76 at Jun 7, 2008,
digitech synth wah if you want an envelope filter. tis pretty groovy.

Quote by cornmancer
Modern rock includes...sure, I guess Muse, but I really don't cover much stuff. I was just trying to give you an idea of the gain spectrum I'd need.

Turbo Rat...hmm, I should check out some ProCo stuff, thanks! But I don't need an EQ pedal, my amp has footswitchable active EQ...

I'd like an envelope filter, but the ones I like (EXH) are effing huge!

Had a Synth Wah...too much junk in one box, I spent all my time fiddeling!

Thanks for the replies, guys!
Last edited by the.spine.surfs at Jun 7, 2008,
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Modern rock includes...sure, I guess Muse, but I really don't cover much stuff. I was just trying to give you an idea of the gain spectrum I'd need.

Turbo Rat...hmm, I should check out some ProCo stuff, thanks! But I don't need an EQ pedal, my amp has footswitchable active EQ...

I'd like an envelope filter, but the ones I like (EXH) are effing huge!

Had a Synth Wah...too much junk in one box, I spent all my time fiddeling!

Thanks for the replies, guys!

ty for the definition of modern rock and fair enough with the synth wah. i would get a digiteh whammy. matt bellamy uses it alot, and it creates a really cool modern rock sound i think.

Quote by cornmancer
535Q dunlop wah is amazing.
and the dunlop 10 band eq is really great for making a middle boost and gain boost for your solos.
and look at some robert keeley pedals.
my stuff
<><><><>
roland cube<---(anyone wanna buy it?)
b.c. rich mockingbird masterpiece<-----(is gunna get new electronics soon)
mxr 10-band EQ
crybaby 535Q wah <---(its awsome)
Hmmm, a decent chorus or different phase might do you some good. Also maybe a tremolo. What is your pedal order (sorry if you mentioned this before, i can be ignorant, and I kinda skimmed). It looks like your delay is first, which is pretty unorthodox. You also might benefit from a dynacomp.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by lorrythebassguy
Take a look at the Proco Turbo Ratt thats fairly kool
take a look at an EQ pedal aswell. Boss make a few neat ones!

take a look at the gunstore as well, so you can decide if you would like a shotgun or a 9mm shoved down your throat.

good day.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Uh, I haven't bothered reading any post other than the original, so sorry if it's been mentioned.

But...What's up with all the power supplies and cords going around? That's not good. Before changing up pedals or adding anything new, shouldn't you consider making things less of a hazard to yourself/your gear? Those 1Spot things are pretty good for what it seems you have, although all I'm not sure of is how it'd work with the Wah you have.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I would go with a better wah like a 535q or something.

Btw, how do you like the Double Muff. I heard that it can get quite heavy like a muff and also be vintagey. Is this true? I might get one if that is so because it's a nice price.
Quote by Td_Nights
But...What's up with all the power supplies and cords going around? That's not good. Before changing up pedals or adding anything new, shouldn't you consider making things less of a hazard to yourself/your gear? Those 1Spot things are pretty good for what it seems you have, although all I'm not sure of is how it'd work with the Wah you have.

If you look closely, you'll see that I have 3 things plugged into the power strip: A 1 Spot, to power 5 of my pedals, a standard 9 volt adapter to power another, and a small two pronged plug that is attached to the Memory Man. All the cables and junk *behind* the board is just other crap in my room.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I would go with a better wah like a 535q or something.

Btw, how do you like the Double Muff. I heard that it can get quite heavy like a muff and also be vintagey. Is this true? I might get one if that is so because it's a nice price.

I'm starting to think I'll just go wah-less, but we'll see. Either a 535q or a V847 is looking good.

And the Double Muff is neat. With both muffs, it's pretty much a USA BMP without the tone and sustain controls. With just one on, it's a mild-ish, very loose OD kinda things that more nudges your amp in the face than smack or punch.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

And the Double Muff is neat. With both muffs, it's pretty much a USA BMP without the tone and sustain controls. With just one on, it's a mild-ish, very loose OD kinda things that more nudges your amp in the face than smack or punch.

Yeah, the Double Muff isn't actually a Big Muff circuit, oddly enough. Before EHX came out with the Big Muff, they had a distortion unit called the Muff Fuzz. The Double Muff is basically two of those units tied together. kinda cool.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
If you're pedal order is whats stated in hte first post, I'd be wondering how you could get a good sound at all. Placing he delay first in your signal path has always sounded terrible to me, and you're putting the most hi-gain OD you have into a lower gain OD (based on my experience, the ts9 seems to have more gain than the ts808).

With your equipment I'd try guitar->wah->ts808->ts9->doublemuff->ph-3->dmm->amp, you might get a better sound even doing just that. I've always thought that a signal chain should be

guitar->expression pedal(volume, wah, talk)->ODs(from lowest to highest)->distortions(again, low to high)->fuzz->preamp->phaser->flanger->chorus->short delay->long delay->poweramp->speakers

btw, that's with amp reverb, and the exception being if you've got a high end germanium fuzz, which I'd put first in the chain.

How about investing in some kind of bypassing system?
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If you're pedal order is whats stated in hte first post, I'd be wondering how you could get a good sound at all. Placing he delay first in your signal path has always sounded terrible to me, and you're putting the most hi-gain OD you have into a lower gain OD (based on my experience, the ts9 seems to have more gain than the ts808).

I've played with pedal order for a while now, and am pretty solid with what I have.

The TS's are...funny. The 808 I built can actually out-gain the STL, which isn't exactly a 9 anyway. If I'm cascading them, I'm keeping the gain on both low anyway.

I only use the delay for chorus or slapback on my cleans. It's worth pointing out that the "nasty" sounds you get from putting modulation, wah, and delay out or order are the kinds of sounds I love.
Quote by Prophet of Page
How about investing in some kind of bypassing system?

Carl Martin Octaswitch, anyone? That's on the list of things to buy once I'm rich and famous.