Hey there, I've been wanting to change my strings on my old guitar (Aria STG) but I can't remove the strings, I've taken them off of the pegs but they won't come out of the back. This may be terribly stupid of me, but how do I remove them? They won't budge, so I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Slide them out?

If you can't get the out through the holes, take off the back plate.
Quote by imgooley
Slide them out?

If you can't get the out through the holes, take off the back plate.

Well, I've done that and that doesn't change anything, do I have to take out the part with the springs too, because I'm careful with anything that has springs.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
You just slide them through. Or is that not working for you?

They are quite old and rusty, so I think that's why they won't slide out.
hmm. maybe youre taking them out the wrong way. they gotta come out the back.

terribly sorry if this insulted your intelligence but i have no idea what else the problem could be.
i had the same problem you have to put in an allen key and tap it some for them to come out
It should be a simple matter of sliding them out. I have no idea why it wouldn't work.
if one or two get stuck, use a chopstick like device to get them out.

yes take off the plastic back.

No, leave the springs on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The ballends ones tend to get jammed in the holes in the tremolo. Even the bullet ends do it if they stay in the guitar under tension a long time. Find something thats slender enough to go thru the hole from the front but strong enough not to bend easy. And give em a few taps usually frees em up.