I don't mean your sitting there and make a song, I mean have you ever written a song and find out it's been made already?

I wrote a song that I liked but thought it needed something else. So I picked each string separately in the chords. I got all excited until I realized I had written House of the Rising Sun chord for chord. It was quite the downer. Any stories out there?
Feed your mind.
I wrote "Sunshine of Your Love" this morning.

Boy was I pissed when I figured out it was Cream and not just my awesome creativity.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
A few days ago I thought "hey.. this intro is going to make me more famous than Vai!". A few minutes later, I realized I had written the intro to For The Love of God...
Quote by metaldud536
A song wrote me once.

Live in Soviet Russia?
Feed your mind.
Quote by St.Loony
I was gonna say that...

...Bastard

Gotta be quicker next time. =P
Feed your mind.
that always ****in happens and you're so happy cos you think you've written a great song and someone tells you and you hate their guts for it....bastards!!!
I wrote most of that Frankenstein song years before I heard it for the first time.

I can't think of who it is by right now, but it's instrumental.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
millions of times man
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
I accidentally wrote Stairway To heaven. T'was a bummer when I found out Led Zeppelin copied me.
I make up riffs and realise they've been done before, that's why they sound so good haha

But I've never wrote entire songs that have been done before
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I was messing around with powerchords and put some heavy distortion on it and thought I made a pretty brutal riff until I heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams and realized it was that...just sped up and more F***ING METAL.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I was messing around with powerchords and put some heavy distortion on it and thought I made a pretty brutal riff until I heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams and realized it was that...just sped up and more F***ING METAL.

It's impossible to make Greenday any more metal. I call shananagins.
Feed your mind.
I once wrote a chord progression that turned out to be from an Arctic Monkeys song, albeit with different rhythm and tempo.

Disappointing.
I did the intro to Raining Blood.
I was upset.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)