ok, so I'm looking for more definition when i play. the stock pups in my Ibanez just aren't cutting it and i can't afford a new guitar. i'm thinking of just putting a new bridge humbucker in my guitar and want to know which one would be best for playing everything from clean to classic rock and hard rock. despite what my profile says of liking lots of metal bands etc, i have moved away from that into blues and classic rock. so, people of UG, what do you think?
seymore duncan sh-4 jb. very nice humbucker. i have it in my warbeast and it has a nice all around tone and it has nice clean sounding harmonics. great pickup really.
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
yup go with some seymour duncans. Not sure the best model to suit you though.
I tried Pearly Gates and before and it sounded wild, but thats really my only experience with SD's.
ok. thanks. thanks for not recommending actives too, i don't think i could fit a battery in my guitar.
i've had the Custom and the Custom 5. they're both perfect for heavy rock, not to mention sweet cleans too.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
i've had the Custom and the Custom 5. they're both perfect for heavy rock, not to mention sweet cleans too.

are those SD's?