Three years ago I traded in my very first guitar in order to purchase an acoustic and begin playing again. I started playing when I was in 5th grade and played for one year only to see the guitar go to the back of the closet. This was about 1996 I would say. When I traded it in, the instructor at the shop fell in love with the neck of it and purchased it. I came home last week (2 hours away) to see if he still had it and he did. I asked him if he wanted to sell it and he reluctantly said he would think about it. Today he called me and when I came home for my brother's open house I picked it up! I am so excited to take it home. It is an off brand Synsonics Strat copy that is all white. The crazy thing is, I wanted to buy it in order to put a new neck, pickups, and trem, and it doesn't need anything! The guitar plays amazing. The action is so low that it plays just as good, if not better than my Ibanez SZ520.... unbelievable, right?!? Also, the instructor put a hotrails pickup in the bridge (Don't know if it is a Seymour Duncan or a copy... anyone know other manufacturers so I can look into it?). I can't wait to go home and plug it into my tube amp to see what she sounds like. It sounded very good on the little practice amp in the shop. For a guitar that cost $180 brand new back when I was younger (I still have the receipt), this thing is amazing. Now... enough reminiscing... I am gonna go play it and wish I had an amp to plug into.

Anyone else have any stories on how you were reunited with your first (or other) guitar?
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
no but I could go into my room and post my adventures with Kate the Kona electric POS
Quote by whatadrag
no but I could go into my room and post my adventures with Kate the Kona electric POS

Haha... don't know what a Kate the Kona electric is, but it sounds funny. Got any pics?
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
yeah i do have a story i opend up my cuboard saw it and thought about what a cruel thing being naive is...
na, I destroyedmy first guitar becuase I couldn't fix the neck( it was on about a 15 degree angle from the body)

this was my acoustic
Quote by Bedhead03
yeah i do have a story i opend up my cuboard saw it and thought about what a cruel thing being naive is...

i lost you. wut wuz in the cupboard?
Haha I've been hanging onto my first guitar for a few years now for no reason other than hearing so many stories of people selling them and missing them like crazy, so that can't happen to me! I swapped my 2nd guitar for some ****ty, unplayable mini Rhoads V copy which I regret now as the guitar I originally got had 24 frets and was light as a feather and stuff (it was a Hofner Shortie). It was a bit **** but at least I could steal the neck and put it on a better guitar if I still had it.
Quote by deckerbastard69
i lost you. wut wuz in the cupboard?

Yeah... I'm pretty lost. That was the strangest post I have seen in a while!
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
He saying he saw it, and thought about what a cruel being naive is (not knowing any better, in this case).. He's saying it was a horrible guitar and he didn't realize it until he got better.
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
The great thing about cheap guitars is you get awful ones and absolute gems! Enjoy the nostalgia
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
The great thing about cheap guitars is you get awful ones and absolute gems! Enjoy the nostalgia

Looks like I got an absolute Gem! I cannot believe the neck on this thing. I had an American Tele for about a month that I sold because it played like ****. This thing plays better. After looking it over a bit more, the teacher did some work on the tuners. It must have been going out of tune. Also, I am sure if I put a whammy bar in there I would realize its limitations! I always wondered why someone who had been playing 40 years would want such a cheap guitar. Now I know why he was reluctant to part with it.
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
When I bought my second guitar I had to trade in my first guitar to be able to pay for it and they gave me $50 for it. The next day I did a few things I wasn't proud of and went back to the store with that $50 and got it back because I regretted giving it up so much. It's still my favourite guitar, other than the Jaguar.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Me2NiK
When I bought my second guitar I had to trade in my first guitar to be able to pay for it and they gave me $50 for it. The next day I did a few things I wasn't proud of and went back to the store with that $50 and got it back because I regretted giving it up so much. It's still my favourite guitar, other than the Jaguar.

Never.... and I mean NEVER put anything in your mouth to get a guitar. It's addicting enough to be a drug, but come on man... you won't have nasty withdrawals or anything
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Quote by white99z
Never.... and I mean NEVER put anything in your mouth to get a guitar. It's addicting enough to be a drug, but come on man... you won't have nasty withdrawals or anything

Haha. I had to reread that before I got that it was a joke about...yeah. Anyway, cool story. I had deja vu when I was reading it. It was weird.
Quote by ChicNStu0017
Haha. I had to reread that before I got that it was a joke about...yeah. Anyway, cool story. I had deja vu when I was reading it. It was weird.

Why the Deja Vu? Do you have a similar story?
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Quote by white99z
Looks like I got an absolute Gem! I cannot believe the neck on this thing. I had an American Tele for about a month that I sold because it played like ****. This thing plays better. After looking it over a bit more, the teacher did some work on the tuners. It must have been going out of tune. Also, I am sure if I put a whammy bar in there I would realize its limitations! I always wondered why someone who had been playing 40 years would want such a cheap guitar. Now I know why he was reluctant to part with it.

Awesome man

Strange that you got an MiA that played badly though, Fender usually have great quality control. Ah well, just enjoy the cheap joy of your reunited guitar mate!

It's weird, but thinking about it, I play my Ibanez GRG170DX the most...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
This is totally cool
My first guitar Ibanez is with my friend so I get to see it from time to time. I kinda miss it so much even though I have a better one right now. First guitar is like first love... it might never fade away.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i'm also fixing up my old guitar. it's an tanglewood che 2 and to be fair for a £120 guitar it's bloody amazing, so i'm gonna put another £130 into it and give it a good solid makeover. the camo and che guevara's face finish really isn't for me, i'm not militant enough
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.