Ok so I'm tihnking about getting a Fender amp, but i want to know if all fenders ahve a good clean channel or is it only certain models?

like compare the twin reverb to the frontman
The Frontman has a nice clean for a Solid State amp. The Twin Reverb has one of the best cleans of any amp. If you do buy a Fender, get an all-tube model.
Quote by qotsa1998
The Frontman has a nice clean for a Solid State amp. The Twin Reverb has one of the best cleans of any amp. If you do buy a Fender, get an all-tube model.

Agreed +1
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
im tihnking just the frontman cause there tube models are to expensive
my range is like 300-500$
Well, the frontman series are solid state, and the twin reverb is tube. There really won't be a comparison, the twin reverb is going to sound leaps and bounds better. But any Fender tube amp should have a good clean channel. My blues junior has great clean sounds, and my cousin's twin reverb is downright orgasmic.

EDIT: Just saw your price range. If you're gonna buy a fender amp in the 300-500 dollar range, definately go for the blues junior. It's only 15 watts, but it's a LOUD 15 watts. I've used one for small gigs before and it held out just fine.
Last edited by captain_jack at Jun 7, 2008,
Definitely a Blues Junior.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
What about the Super Champ? ( I haven't tried it yet, but looks promising).

Also, If I gig with this will people (the audience), are they gonna think "get a REAL amp"?

mostly down here, the smaller venues, guys are using 50W SS 2x12's. The Super Champ should put them to shame once it starts running, right?
Quote by neptune1988
What about the Super Champ? ( I haven't tried it yet, but looks promising).

Also, If I gig with this will people (the audience), are they gonna think "get a REAL amp"?

mostly down here, the smaller venues, guys are using 50W SS 2x12's. The Super Champ should put them to shame once it starts running, right?

i like your super champ idea i think i might go for it
no, TS, I wasn't telling you, though it would be a good idea to try it, I was askingother people in this thread. I'm kinda in the same boat as you TS.
Quote by andy331
like compare the twin reverb to the frontman

That's like comparing a Matchbox Porche to a Porche. They look similar, but one's a child's toy and the other's a damn Porche!

Quote by andy331
im tihnking just the frontman cause there tube models are to expensive
my range is like 300-500$

You'd easily be able to get a second hand all tube Fender Hot Rod for that much. You'd destroy your little friends' 50W SS 2x12's with one of those.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
+1 to the HRD, perfect amp for you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
On the used market I see hot rod deluxe's go for less than $500 depending on where you live. Blues Jr's go for about $350. Both are great amps for cleans.