Which one to buy????
I play stuff like metalcore and punkrock , but also things like blues/jazz

Zoom G1X

OR
Zoom G2.1u

I'd rather use it for playing live than to record
and I'm not sure if I can afford the extra 100 bucks for the 2.1u

pleasy help me
Sure.. i had one for a week... the only ones who say that is good are only beginners... try a Line 6 pod or try to find a used Korg Ax 1500 or 3000 , you can get it cheap and they are great.
Actually the distortion is pretty good, and I made myself some very nice patches including some clean ones as well. If you don't need to record then go for the G1X.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by HUNYeti
Sure.. i had one for a week... the only ones who say that is good are only beginners... try a Line 6 pod or try to find a used Korg Ax 1500 or 3000 , you can get it cheap and they are great.

Didn't find the Ax1500 or 3000 at my price range(up to 140&euro
But there were some other Korg ax's (3g and 5 G)
are they better ? can you recommend them?
Also couldnt find a line 6 at my price range -.-
It's better to save more and get something worth having than to spend the cash on something that you won't be satisfied with and will want to replace in the near future anyway.
If you really dont want to buy better and pricier MFX pedals, buy something from from the DIgitech RP series.

An RP250 or 350 is what I recommend but if you cant afford those get a good ol RP90, and just buy a better one when u have the cash.
Quote by freedoms_stain
It's better to save more and get something worth having than to spend the cash on something that you won't be satisfied with and will want to replace in the near future anyway.

This is mostly correct. I bought a Zoom G1X as a beginner, and quite honestly, I found it to be a very good tool. It educated me on the different kind of effects and what they do to my sound, and for my purposes, it worked pretty well. I never gigged with it, but I used it when I jammed with my band, and I still use it for practise.

That said, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't buy it. Having it, and learning more about how tone is created, has taught me that I would have been much better off to begin investing in individual pedals. Without it though, I wouldn't have a clue as to what individual pedals I wanted.

I've managed to get some pretty decent sounds out of mine by playing around with the patches. If nothing else, it's a good educational and practise tool, but bear in mind, if you buy it, you will undoubtedly want to replace it in the future.
Quote by martinez952000
If you really dont want to buy better and pricier MFX pedals, buy something from from the DIgitech RP series.

An RP250 or 350 is what I recommend but if you cant afford those get a good ol RP90, and just buy a better one when u have the cash.

I could now afford the rp250 but had to wait a bit for the rp350
do you think that you can already hear the difference between those 2?
Edit:And what is with the korg ax5G?
can it keep up with those ?
Last edited by cryzhadry at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by cryzhadry
Didn't find the Ax1500 or 3000 at my price range(up to 140&euro
But there were some other Korg ax's (3g and 5 G)
are they better ? can you recommend them?
Also couldnt find a line 6 at my price range -.-

I really never tried a Korg Ax5.
If a multieffect is not nessery for you maybe try a roland microcube (it has 8 amp modells and 6 effects and sound great from line and headphones)
Last edited by HUNYeti at Jun 8, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
I think the DigiTech ones are crap too, look at the Line 6 POD's

I just can't afford them
but thanks for the recommendation
Quote by HUNYeti
If a multieffect is not nessery for you maybe try a roland microcube (it has 8 amp modells and 6 effects and sound great from line and headphones)

That's a decent idea. Maybe the Vox Valvetronix because he plays blues and jazz though?
Quote by HUNYeti

I tried a roland microcube before and it sounds really nice for the price range but i want to play some live shows so i need a multi-effect
Edit: is there maybe a possibility to attach a footswitch to a line6 pod I or II?
Last edited by cryzhadry at Jun 8, 2008,
but look at the price thats definitely too much i think i'll get the zoom 2.1u or theDigitech rp250 or maybe the korg ax5g
when you had to recommend me one of those which one would it be???
is there nobody else who can recommend me one of those 3?(zoom2.1u or theDigitech rp250 or maybe the korg ax5g)
I have both a Digitech RP250 and an RP350. Just got the 350 last week and am getting ready to sell the 250. They have the same processor and identical sound quality, just the 350 has more features. The 350 has a few more sound presets and drum patterns, learn-a-lick looping feature, a few more amp/cab/stompbox models, and it has an amp A/B modeling switch and XLR inputs. The 250 is a nice, inexpensive multi fx pedal. I've been using mine for a while to play at church once or twice a week.

I wonder if people who claim they sound bad have played through any of the newer Digitech multi fx processors. The old Digitech units may have sounded fizzy and digital, but their newer units sound very good. Other than some versatility and granular control, I don't see that you are losing much if anything over discrete stompboxes by going with a decent quality multi fx processor.